Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:24 PM

140 posts, read 273,031 times

Advertisements

I would recommend Nordstrom, and I also like the Chantelle brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 04:32 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,412,198 times
I always buy mine at Belk's , they do have help trained in how to fit
you. you can also easily google this and it will show you excactly how
to fit yourself, that will give you a starting point and then you just have to find
the right bra at the store.
I asked which brand to buy to avoid the uniboob and was told
Maidenform, have bought them for the last ten years and love them.

usually buy several at a time when Belk's has a sale. often buy one get one free.

once I find a good fitting bra I buy a supply to last a year or two.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:38 PM

211 posts, read 502,830 times
can i say wow!!! i never thought within 3 hrs i would get 3 pages! kudos to you all!

i may try i see london but have to ask the dh if i can! i always find department stores lacking, maybe im going to the wrong locations.

as for concord mills i stay steer clear of that mall... almost had an anxiety attack(and im pretty normal as far as normal goes) last weekend trying to find a simple skirt... if any mall, i'd rather go to southpark as I work there part time and know that place pretty well.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:56 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,366,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmanak View Post
can i say wow!!! i never thought within 3 hrs i would get 3 pages! kudos to you all!

i may try i see london but have to ask the dh if i can! i always find department stores lacking, maybe im going to the wrong locations.

as for concord mills i stay steer clear of that mall... almost had an anxiety attack(and im pretty normal as far as normal goes) last weekend trying to find a simple skirt... if any mall, i'd rather go to southpark as I work there part time and know that place pretty well.

How many places in there would the OP go for a bra?? The task would not be that daunting.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,412,198 times
for value on the dollar I would definitely go with Belk's or Dillard's first,
then I would try the other speciality places. IMO.
I , for one always avoid Concord Mills , seems like everything there is at least 3 years out
of fashion.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,799,150 times
I'd suggest going to a department store & get fitted. Buy a couple there & if you like them, go to Kohl's & see if they carry that bra. Kohl's has most of the same bras that are in the department stores.

Several times a year they put the bras on ungodly good Saturday morning sales. Look for Bali, Olga & Lilleyette (a division of Maidenform)

Also check Ross. They are absolutely potluck, but sometimes you can get a bra for pennies on the dollar.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:45 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,591,306 times
I am a somewhat 'full-figured' girl and I have found the Breezies bras on QVC have held up well. I often work outside and along with the hot flashes the Breezies bras do help. The last ones I ordered were a 'deal of the day' and although pricey, I think they were worth it.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:35 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,086,729 times
Am I the only one here that buys my bras at Target? I actually love my Target bras, and they're a third of the price as VS. Actually more then that since the last bras I got came in a 3 pack for $15. I also have a D sized chest, and they do have a large selection for my size. Granted they don't have special people there to measure you, but the op wasn't asking to be measured. And if bras are only supposed to last 3-5 months, then they definetly last me. I last went on a bra shopping spree about a year ago, and they're still good. My one is probably about 2 years old and its just starting to come apart in the back. I wear it a lot too, and I'm not even that good about carefully washing them. I don't have a special garnet bag, nor do I hand wash them. They just get thrown into the washer and dryer with everything else.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,086,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
seems like everything there is at least 3 years out of fashion.
Isn't that what outlets are?

Old 07-16-2010, 04:50 AM

604 posts, read 1,310,550 times
A bra store!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: