Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,487 times

Advertisements

Our family is relocating to North Carolina in August--my husband's job will be in Concord, NC. We are wondering what an insider's point of view is on the areas we should focus on to live-- we'd like a suburban area that is very safe, great schools, shopping and good healthcare nearby, many young families, things to do-- looking for a contemporary syle home in a subdivision in about the $200,000 range. We're not sure if we'd be better off in Cornelius, Huntersville, Concord, Harrisburg, Mooresville, Davidson...? Any opinions?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 04:38 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,547,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemintine View Post
Our family is relocating to North Carolina in August--my husband's job will be in Concord, NC. We are wondering what an insider's point of view is on the areas we should focus on to live-- we'd like a suburban area that is very safe, great schools, shopping and good healthcare nearby, many young families, things to do-- looking for a contemporary syle home in a subdivision in about the $200,000 range. We're not sure if we'd be better off in Cornelius, Huntersville, Concord, Harrisburg, Mooresville, Davidson...? Any opinions?!
I live in Concord, if it was me I'd stick to Concord or Harrisburg, simply because the schools are much better in my opinion.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,545,693 times
Hi I do not know about the area west of I 85 but the homes I just pulled up on trulia are within your price range 2000 sq ft homes too.

It is a new development so you might get a brand new home or only a year or two old home in this location. A good safe area and convient to some back roads into charlotte if needed. You cant go wrong in those lake norman communities you mention as well they have low crime rates.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:08 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,961,357 times
Quote:
I don't know about Harrisburg but any of the others I'd live in. I wish I could afford a nice home in downtown Davidson. What a cute town.

200,000 check out Heritage Green in Cornelius, can't beat the price or location for that money. Check out the Vermillion in Huntersville I think you can get a 1600 sqft home for around 210,000.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 PM

620 posts, read 2,119,798 times
You should look into Highland Creek. If he is working in Concord, you should try and live off of I-85 instead of I-77.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 PM

117 posts, read 406,409 times
Quote:
Hi Clemintine,

I live in Concord in Moss Creek. It is a wonderful development with different prices ranges, It also has neighborhood schools. THere are also alot of other great developments in the area. IF you need help let me know. I am a real estate agent you can send me a PM. My office is in Cornelius!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,961,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabmac View Post
Hi Clemintine,

I live in Concord in Moss Creek. It is a wonderful development with different prices ranges, It also has neighborhood schools. THere are also alot of other great developments in the area. IF you need help let me know. I am a real estate agent you can send me a PM. My office is in Cornelius!

Moss Creek is nice

Old 06-22-2007, 07:20 AM

246 posts, read 583,831 times
Definitely look at living closer to 85 rather than 77.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:27 AM

17 posts, read 73,238 times
Stay out of Meck. County. Taxes are high and going up again soon.
Concord is great. I live in Harrisburg and love it. Mooresville is expensive and a hard commute to Concord depending which side of Mooresville you are on.
Davidson is great but in Meck county.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,910,283 times
I'd stick with Concord or Harrisburg. The schools are great and the taxes lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte