Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:20 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,885,324 times

Advertisements

I lived along the Harris Blvd area before and thinking back I was bored every weekend.

There was always a buzz around South Charlotte, South Park and the Concord area. I'm looking for an area that has a ton of shops, restaurants, entertainment stuff to go to.

Girlfriend has a pit bull and she will probably move. This is my biggest pain point and this is what drives me out of Colorado now. I hope NC is not so schizo on pit bulls.

Also, I hope I don't end up in an area run riot by brothers and amigos. This is a personal preference and I don't mind taking flak for it, for I am looking into investing in some real estate and it should not be a locality which capsizes to crime and drug deals, like how I saw the Mallard Creek/university area deteriorate.

Lifelong ambition is to gravitate towards NYC as I progress in my career. And it would be nice to sell any house I buy in Charlotte for a profit, not take a hit coz the people literally ran away from the locality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,173,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I lived along the Harris Blvd area before and thinking back I was bored every weekend.

There was always a buzz around South Charlotte, South Park and the Concord area. I'm looking for an area that has a ton of shops, restaurants, entertainment stuff to go to.

Girlfriend has a pit bull and she will probably move. This is my biggest pain point and this is what drives me out of Colorado now. I hope NC is not so schizo on pit bulls.

Also, I hope I don't end up in an area run riot by brothers and amigos. This is a personal preference and I don't mind taking flak for it, for I am looking into investing in some real estate and it should not be a locality which capsizes to crime and drug deals, like how I saw the Mallard Creek/university area deteriorate.

Lifelong ambition is to gravitate towards NYC as I progress in my career. And it would be nice to sell any house I buy in Charlotte for a profit, not take a hit coz the people literally ran away from the locality.
So you took the job in Charlotte? Congrats!

Southpark should be one of your first stops. Are you looking to rent a house or apartment?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So you took the job in Charlotte? Congrats!

Southpark should be one of your first stops. Are you looking to rent a house or apartment?
Thanks

First stop will be a date with you hehe. Then with sophie. LOL.

My aim is to infiltrate back into BAC somehow. So I'm looking at Charlotte long term, and get a house. If this plan screws up then I am planning to hit New York city. Am pretty confused for now. But I can take an apartment to begin with, a temp or sublet or something. But I really hope pit bulls are not a problem

Old 06-22-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks

First stop will be a date with you hehe. Then with sophie. LOL.

My aim is to infiltrate back into BAC somehow. So I'm looking at Charlotte long term, and get a house. If this plan screws up then I am planning to hit New York city. Am pretty confused for now. But I can take an apartment to begin with, a temp or sublet or something. But I really hope pit bulls are not a problem
NC is not nearly as liberal as Colorado - and though you can no longer smoke in our restaurants we do have a bit more respect for individual rights than the more liberal states. North Carolineans respect the rights of others to own and carry guns, and to have a pit bull if they so choose
You may run into a few places who won't take him, but there will be some places where it won't be a problem at all.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:16 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,386,471 times
Exactly what part of the bank are you interested in infiltrating?

Old 06-22-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Exactly what part of the bank are you interested in infiltrating?
CEO's chair. LMAO. I can show'em how to buy Merrill Lynch and Countrywide

I love me some toxic assets. Just kidding.

I'm into portfolio management, programs and financials. Cross-functionals.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
NC is not nearly as liberal as Colorado - and though you can no longer smoke in our restaurants we do have a bit more respect for individual rights than the more liberal states. North Carolineans respect the rights of others to own and carry guns, and to have a pit bull if they so choose
You may run into a few places who won't take him, but there will be some places where it won't be a problem at all.
Can't wait to meet you, lady. Are you still in Syracuse?

Anyway, I'll probably leave my antlers at home

Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Can't wait to meet you, lady. Are you still in Syracuse?

Anyway, I'll probably leave my antlers at home
It's a date! (well, as much as a happily married woman can "date", LOL)

I have been back from Syracuse since January when my husband was furloughed from THAT job (geez, this has been a wild two years!).

Things are looking up and great though - so I can't complain. How soon do you make the move for your new job?

Old 06-26-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
It's a date! (well, as much as a happily married woman can "date", LOL)

I have been back from Syracuse since January when my husband was furloughed from THAT job (geez, this has been a wild two years!).

Things are looking up and great though - so I can't complain. How soon do you make the move for your new job?
In a month

So, anyone knows of this area? Is it as good as they claim???

Great 1 Bedroom In Eastover (http://charlotte.craigslist.org/apa/1810807108.html - broken link)

Old 06-26-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
In a month

So, anyone knows of this area? Is it as good as they claim???

Great 1 Bedroom In Eastover (http://charlotte.craigslist.org/apa/1810807108.html - broken link)

I would live there

You are less than 5 minutes from the heart of uptown and all the nightlife too. Eastover is a really good location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: