Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:46 AM

14 posts, read 34,046 times

Advertisements

From the looks of things, there seems to be quite a bit in Matthews (well, at least more civilization). I am guesing it takes around 7-10 minutes to get from Indian Trail to Matthews, is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 06:26 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberguy View Post
From the looks of things, there seems to be quite a bit in Matthews (well, at least more civilization). I am guesing it takes around 7-10 minutes to get from Indian Trail to Matthews, is this correct?
Maybe from the far end of Indian Trial, lol. They basically butt right up against one another and you can't really tell where one ends and one begin. Matthews is more of a town, there's just not much to Indian Trail but neighborhoods

Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 PM

9 posts, read 14,088 times
Indian Trail is not the small farming community posted earlier the population is actually closer to 30,000 and not many farms.
But it is a wonderful family community. We were named one of the 10 ten towns for families by Family Circle magazine last year.
Tax rate for the town of Indian Trail is .14 cents. Union County is very low as well.
We live in the Brandon Oaks community it is a large community of over 1000 homes but probably has the most ammenities (2 pools, 2 tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, walking trails, pond, playgrounds, soccer field ). I have found everyone here to be very friendly.

Last edited by IT4me; 07-06-2010 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
I stand corrected, the population has increased to closer to 30,000. But just because the population has increased does not change the fact that Indian Trail is like I said, mostly a suburban bedroom community of Charlotte with lots of neighborhoods and farms

More for those interested: Town of Indian Trail : Visitors > Community Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT4me View Post
Indian Trail is not the small farming community posted earlier the population is actually closer to 30,000 and not many farms.
But it is a wonderful family community. We were named one of the 10 ten towns for families by Family Circle magazine last year.
Tax rate for the town of Indian Trail is .14 cents. Union County is very low as well.
We live in the Brandon Oaks community it is a large community of over 1000 homes but probably has the most ammenities (2 pools, 2 tennis courts, 2 basketball courts, walking trails, pond, playgrounds, soccer field ). I have found everyone here to be very friendly.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,959 times
In Porter Ridge area there is also Poplin Elem which just opened this past school year. Excellent school and great teachers. Mostly Bonterra, Annandale and Lake Park go to this school as well as the surrounding homes near these subs. Not sure if any of Fieldstone Farm attend or not.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:53 AM

34 posts, read 80,672 times
I thought Indian Trail was a really nice community not over run by the big box stores etc.
Now if Husband can just get a job there I am SOLD!

Old 07-31-2010, 01:02 PM

211 posts, read 708,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
In Porter Ridge area there is also Poplin Elem which just opened this past school year. Excellent school and great teachers. Mostly Bonterra, Annandale and Lake Park go to this school as well as the surrounding homes near these subs. Not sure if any of Fieldstone Farm attend or not.

My neighbor's kid in FF goes there...

Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM

210 posts, read 507,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberguy View Post
More like 4 minutes when traffic is not heavy from the center of Indian Trail to Matthews @ 485

Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 PM

314 posts, read 1,136,301 times
My kids start at Poplin Elementary next month. I live in Fieldstone Farm.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:03 AM

81 posts, read 238,545 times
Cyberguy,

We live in Brookhaven which has a Matthews address in Indian Trail if you can imagine that. Our kids go to Antioch Elementary and we have been very pleased with it.

They will eventually go to Weddington Middle and High schools which are both excellent.

Brookhaven is a John Weiland neighborhood that has a very nice community pool (slide, lazy river, kids area), playgrounds, a fitness center and tennis courts. It is mostly filled with folks that came to Charlotte from somewhere else and we have met a lot of great people, many who have become good friends.

Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte