Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:45 AM

6,074 posts, read 9,098,885 times

Advertisements

This is really great news, as this is one of the best buildings in the East End.

East End's New China building could get tenant* - Business - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,628 times
Live. Music. Venue.

How I've wanted to hear those words for a long time. Sure, there are some bars and restaurants in the city that support live music, and you obviously have some larger spaces as well (see: Clay Center), but a venue of this size is absolutely needed! Concerts bring in so much, not only to the venue itself but the bars and restaurants around it. They are right in saying that this is the linchpin of further East End success as not only is one of the largest vacant spaces now slated for use, but a music venue shows even more vibrancy in the neighborhood which will attract more people to come, and hopefully live, in the city! I haven't been this excited for something happening to Charleston since I saw the plans for Slack Plaza (and let's hope the money flows in for that at some point)!

Last edited by elewis7; 04-23-2012 at 06:39 AM..

Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Live. Music. Venue.

How I've wanted to hear those words for a long time. Sure, there are some bars and restaurants in the city that support live music, and you obviously have some larger spaces as well (see: Clay Center), but a venue of this size is absolutely needed! Concerts bring in so much, not only to the venue itself but the bars and restaurants around it. They are right in saying that this is the linchpin of further East End success as not only is one of the largest vacant spaces now slated for use, but a music venue shows even more vibrancy in the neighborhood which will attract more people to come, and hopefully live, in the city! I haven't been this excited for something happening to Charleston since I saw the plans for Slack Plaza (and let's hope the money flows in for that at some point)!
I'm really excited about this too! It is in a great spot that is booming right now. Across the street there is a new Organic Food Market. All within a block or so there is Tricky Fish, Fruit Cake, Bluegrass Kitchen, Little India, a dog park, another small park, and a couple of other local businesses. This area is going to be really nice in a few years, and so too will the entire East End. Charleston is really looking good right now.

Also Slack Plaza will be a big deal when finished.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 AM

3 posts, read 8,680 times
I agree with you Chris. Last weekend i have been there. Its infrastructure is really amazing. It will start lot of opportunities for small businesses. In Fact I am planning to invest in a Restaurant series here. Night life will be so enjoyable here. There is so many stuffs for fun. Really this is gonna be favorite weekend spot of all.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPattinson View Post
I agree with you Chris. Last weekend i have been there. Its infrastructure is really amazing. It will start lot of opportunities for small businesses. In Fact I am planning to invest in a Restaurant series here. Night life will be so enjoyable here. There is so many stuffs for fun. Really this is gonna be favorite weekend spot of all.
Just wondering, what restaurant will you be investing in? This area, along with the Village District and Bridge Road District, will become great boosters for the city, and the quality of life can only go up with them.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,834,033 times
It's good to see Charleston reinvest in in it's historic buildings. The New China was pretty popular for lunch with my friends who worked for the State. But the neighborhood there and around the Empty Glass was too rough at night for us. The Firehouse was a nice place, but parking problems & crime made that block a little creepy to come and go from at night.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
It's good to see Charleston reinvest in in it's historic buildings. The New China was pretty popular for lunch with my friends who worked for the State. But the neighborhood there and around the Empty Glass was too rough at night for us. The Firehouse was a nice place, but parking problems & crime made that block a little creepy to come and go from at night.
Parking is going to be an issue with that neighborhoods growth. The only thing I can think of that might work is if they built a parking lot beside the Dollar General in that open space.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 AM

Plan is approved and the owner says that he is still going to operate the empty glass, while operating his new music venue several days a week.

Empty Glass gets approval for expansion to New China spot* - Kanawha County - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,628 times
Imagine 300-600 people coming to a concert on the East End! That would really help to boost foot traffic and the economy in the neighborhood!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Imagine 300-600 people coming to a concert on the East End! That would really help to boost foot traffic and the economy in the neighborhood!
Can you imagine that whole intersection there having Blue Grass Kitchen, Little India, Tricky Fish, Fruit Cake, the Empty Glass, and a venue that hosts up to 600 people for live music. I want to see shops too, there are still several empty buildings that could stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston