Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:27 PM

25 posts, read 60,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Any place in Summerville to get a good crabcake?
No. Try Baltimore. Hehe. I lived there for a while & have never been able to eat crab cakes anywhere else since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,525 times
Default Moving south from pa

I'm moving within a year and wonder if summerville area is good for us. I'm used to a pretty busy town (first fridays, downtown festivals, small music venues ect ). I like that feel,but also like some seclusion. Does the surrounding area have all this, Pics only tell so much

Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 PM

26,226 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallistix View Post
No. Try Baltimore. Hehe. I lived there for a while & have never been able to eat crab cakes anywhere else since.
Agree. I'm from Baltimore and know the good spots, but might find myself visiting Summerville. I'd expect anyplace close to the Atlantic to have good crabcakes. Here in Colorado, we just order them frozen from Baltimore, via overnight air express.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
I make the best crabcakes <G>.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:48 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,684,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I make the best crabcakes <G>.
So what time is dinner? lol j/k

Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,027 times
Smile The Reserve at Eagle Run in Ladson

The Reserve at Eagle Run in Ladson is a relatively new community in Ladson, with HOA and quaint Charleston style homes. It is within walking distance of the Elementary and Middle School. The lots are on the smaller side, so if you are looking for a large lot, you may want to consider Eagle Run. The homes in Eagle Run have large lots and many are wooded. They homes are just across the street from the schools, and the way the market is, you could probably get a great deal on a home with a large lot.
Either Eagle Run neighborhood is in a great central location--just check it out on the maps. The area is also growing in business. The down side is that the neighborhood tends to be on the quiet side, as of yet there is no amentiy center as the HOA's are still relatively new, but that also means HOA fees are low.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:02 PM

15 posts, read 37,490 times
My family and I also just moved here from michigan feb 13th. We love it also and we plan on builging in myers mille also. Could you email me? I have some specific questions about the builder you used. (windowcleaning88@sbcglobal.net)

Old 07-19-2009, 02:18 PM

991 posts, read 4,620,246 times
How are the schools in Ladson?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times
Depends on which side of the county line you are on.....

If you are up on College Park Rd. you are in Berkeley County.

If you are up Miles Rd or Lincolnville Rd you can get into Dorchester II.

Other than that you are in Charleston county.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 665 times
The Oakbrook subdivision that includes Tranquil Estates is infested with Section 8's drug dealing finest. Along with the children that are unchaperoned not knowing where there parents are. The police are called at least once per week. I am looking to break my lease due to the dangerous environment. If I had only known prior to moving to this subdivision, I could have saved myself a substantial amount of grief.
Living temporarily in Ladson and heading back to Wescott!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area