Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 10:52 AM

11 posts, read 27,944 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I've browsed this forum for quite some time and it is really great. I'm from a small mountain town in NC and looking to move to Charleston SC and know absolutely NUTHIN! about the area.
I like quiet, safety...all the stuff everyone wants- good grocery stores, (Wholefoods, Trader Joes, etc) access to cultural stuff (born/raised in Chicago)...love the quiet life though... I'm on a nurse's salary so can't afford much...I'd really appreciate your suggestions and opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,834 times
You should contact a real estate agent and ask them to send you listings that meet your criteria and budget. That's what I did when I moved to Charleston about 8 years ago. It will give you a good idea of what your money will buy in the different areas. I would definitely recommend you using a buyer's agent when you are ready to buy... a friend recently used the National Buyer's Agent Association (just google it) to help her find a buyer's agent when she moved. They did a great job for her.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:56 AM

970 posts, read 2,957,615 times
....Or start by posting under the forum labeled "Charleston"?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:09 PM

394 posts, read 1,052,289 times
Anyway - the Summerville area is well liked for its schools and quality of life. I live in Summerville and must say I'm very happy with my neighbors and neighborhood. Good luck in your search.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:44 AM

11 posts, read 27,944 times
Red face Summerville and not Charleston-yes!

Sorry....it was a last minute register and post kind of thing; I've just read so many good things about Summerville and I'm definitely going to consider moving there. The snake thing kinda freaks me out...mostly because I've got cats -they rarely go outside though! Here in the NC mountains we have big black snakes and some other types I've personally never seen...
Bears in the back yard though! I've read alot of good and bad posts about living in and around Charleston, I think what newcomers need to remember is "wherever you go, there you are". I mean, we can all think of the crummy things about where we live but we can also think about the good stuff too. I'm going to think about the good stuff South Carolina and it's people have and leave it at that. I do love the mountains but it is wayyyyy expensive here.
thanks for the replies and I'll watch where I post from now on!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,443,495 times
I think it is fine to post here also. But you'll get more responses in the "Charleston" section. Good luck with your move. You'll love the area and Summerville may be a good fit for you. When are you planning to move?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM

970 posts, read 2,957,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmy Teefis View Post
Hello!
I've browsed this forum for quite some time and it is really great. I'm from a small mountain town in NC and looking to move to Charleston SC and know absolutely NUTHIN! about the area.
Why would you move somewhere you know absolutely nothing about? In this current economic climate, is that really smart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area