Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 05:51 PM

8 posts, read 35,052 times

Advertisements

I have tried to read many of the threads to find out where to live around Charleston. I have read a ton but none that pertained to my situation exactly. I feel bad because Im posting something similar to others but i couldn't find the right answer to my questions.

Im a 27 year old professional and moving from Detroit Michigan to transfer within my company. I decided on Charleston for the countless reasons that everyone else has. Beaches, hot weather, european city charm, etc etc etc and Im moving in a few weeks! YIKES! Im coming down next week and need to find a place to live!

Im really concerned with meeting people and am trying to find a place to live where it would be a social atmosphere. Im thinking an apartment with a pool, gym, basketball, club house where there would be social activities going on. It wouldn't have to have all of those, but with people my age and willing to make friends. Being close to downtown for the nightlife is important so i could walk there or take a cab as well as the beach to run, surf and hang out.

What apartment names would you suggest?
What beaches are the best for me to be near?
What apartments are downtown that are social and could be walkable to the community?
What realtors in the area could help me find a place to rent?

Thank you so much in advance for your help! Its much appreciated!

-Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM

106 posts, read 431,823 times
We moved to Summerville about 8 months ago ... if you'd like the name of our realtor just let me know. She was great. You can e-mail me at FanningFamilysc@aol.com

Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 PM

106 posts, read 514,151 times
Welcome! I'm not sure of any apartments downtown but West Ashley is a stones throw away from downtown and my complex has everything you're looking for.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 PM

18,135 posts, read 11,781,663 times
A friend of mine has been asking me to relocate to her area; Bonneau near Charleston.
I did a search on West Ashley, here is a nice web site with information.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:51 PM

106 posts, read 514,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
A friend of mine has been asking me to relocate to her area; Bonneau near Charleston.
I did a search on West Ashley, here is a nice web site with information.
Bonneau is very "country" which appeals to me (horse owner) but would not be ideal for people who like to go out IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area