Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 8,801 times

Advertisements

does anybody know if there are any men's roller hockey leagues in the charleston area. looking to get out and play, but i'm not sure there are any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,999,297 times
There used to be at Danny Jones Rec Center. Not sure if still going on

Ice Hockey sure > Carolina Ice Palace

Old 11-18-2008, 01:18 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Put the big boy blades on, and say hello to Rocky D while you are there.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:43 PM

354 posts, read 1,077,926 times
I second that....Trade the wheels for blades....Carolina Ice Palace has ICE hockey....(my kids play and my husband coaches youth hockey)....and they do have Men's leagues and I believe pick-up teams.....
Come on....you can do it.....lol

Old 11-19-2008, 10:49 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,999,297 times
Pickup hockey is on the weekends (Fri & Sat) nite, usually around 10PM - 12A.

I've been skating @ the CIP since it opened in 97'...Also used to work there. Just play in the Adult beer league's now, BLAST! So glad the rink opened up when it did, I thought after moving down here I would have to hang my skates up forever

The youth leagues are great too, I've got a little one that plays for the Squirt Wolverines. Love to go down and watch them play...

OH BTW - if ya wanna learn to ice skate, they have classes that run on Monday evenings. Sure they can teach ya everything you need to get out there! DO IT!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Our first trip to Charleston back in 98 was for a an ice hockey tournament. I fell in love with the city that week end. We had such a great visit.

When we moved to Atlanta area in 97 -- first question out of my 7 year old was -- can I play hockey? I think if there was no hockey in the southeast we wouldn't have moved here. My son is now at college and plays for a club team but we spent 9 years traveling the southeast and beyond with his travel hockey. It was a wonderful experience. My husband still plays. It keeps him sane.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 PM

354 posts, read 1,077,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
The youth leagues are great too, I've got a little one that plays for the Squirt Wolverines. Love to go down and watch them play...

Hey! My husband coaches the Squirts! (the "other" team though! haha) and my son plays on that team! Bet I've seen you at the rink.....and our kids play against each other! Cool!

If you know who my husband is.....don't mention his actual name on here...since I would rather not have our "real" names attached to this nameless forum!

I'm not really a "chat" room kinda gal....haha....but I do find City-Data very helpful and provides a lot of useful information!

See you at the rink!!! LOL

Old 08-07-2009, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 23,969 times
Default Roller Hockey Pick-up Games

Inline/Roller hockey pick-up games at Danny Jones Park Roller Hockey Court.

If you are interested (or know anyone that might be interested) we can be contacted at LCRHO@YAHOO.COM

Or our FACEBOOK group: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...id=93035988117
Or our MYSPACE http://www.myspace.com/479404115

We will be glad to help people learn to skate and learn the game. Depending on participation we may split games up by age bracket and/or skill levels later.

Our goal is to raise awareness of the sport in Charleston and eventually develop into organized leagues. Right now, we are just a small group of players that enjoy getting together and slapping puck/ball around. But we need you to grow popularity!

Inline/Roller hockey is a non-checking no fighting version of ice hockey aimed at recreation, exercise, and fun. It is open to MALES and FEMALES ALL SKILL LEVELS are welcome! We use a liquid filled roller hockey ball but may add puck games later.
If you don't have equipment, stop by and we can help you pick out or loan out what you need. For skaters, skates, sticks and helmet are required to play. Additionally, gloves, shin guards, elbow pad, and groin protection is recommended. Goalies are required to have leg pads, (goalie) stick, catcher, blocker, helmet with face cage/sheild, and groin protection (all suitable and rated for ball hockey). Additionally elbow pads, skates, chest protector and elbow/arm guards are recommended. Anyone interested in playing goalie, but lacking equipment can contact us about loaner gear

1455 Monitor St
North Charleston, SC 29405

Date/Time: Every Friday Night (weather permitting) – 7:00 p.m. until whenever

Cost: Free!!!! Just bring your own equipment if you have it!

Old 01-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Default Time/Day Change

Our pick-up roller hockey has changed to Sundays at 3 pm due to lack of interest on Fridays. See the post above for more information. Come and out play!

Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 AM

Default Charleston Roller Hockey

We've changed our Adult pickup hockey times. We now play at Danny Jones Park on Sundays at 7pm and Tuesdays at 6pm. We've got goalies and we usually get between 8 and 15 skaters. All you need is a stick and skates. Email us at lcrho@yahoo.com if you have any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area