Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 02:39 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,521,531 times

Advertisements

Thanks Groceryguy & Joy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 07:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
As Joy said, Costco has consistent quality. Their Kirkland brand (house brand) offers lots and lots of great products. I get my gas first and then go in. I don't go down every aisle every visit but occasionally will take the time to 'peruse' -- check things out. Yes you end up buying things you didn't come to the store for...but that's the fun.

Produce is such a deal. During the farmer market season I tend not to buy as much at Costco. Off season -- it's my go to on a regular basis. Pork, beef, chicken all good. They even carry wild caught fish.

Wine!!! Yes please...Cheese -- yup --

I started with warehouse shopping back when Costco was Price Club. It was back in the day where membership was restricted to companies or govt. that signed up for their employees to have a benefit. You had to pay for the membership but not just anybody could get one. That's over 30 years ago. I've stuck with it as we have moved around.

What I like at Sam's and BJ's is that they have other 'stuff'. They offer more party supply like items -- trays, foil containers, etc. I didn't find the quality of meat and produce to be as good.

The advantage of having all three is that all three have different products.....you might find your favorite chip in one but not the other.

Most likely BJ's will offer some kind of deal for a trial membership. Worth checking out. Everyone has a personal preference.

I have the Costco Executive membership and get 2% back on all my purchases -- sadly that pays for my membership (says I spend way too much there).

Old 07-25-2016, 12:34 PM

101 posts, read 110,340 times
Well, once again Berkeley county gets another anchor while Dorchester County misses again. When in the heck is Dorchester County wise up? They can't keep taxing their citizens to make up the short fall, the City of Summerville and Dorchester County should be ashamed of themselves for not getting this or any of the "new" businesses. They just keep dinging their constituents.

Glad to hear BJ is coming, but dadgummit, with all the new businesses, factories, etc moving this way, can we please get a good anchor in Dorchester County and/or in the City of Summerville?

I'll be moving soon because although I love Summerville, the taxes have priced me out.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:33 PM

268 posts, read 282,103 times
BJ's is in Summerville.

There's plenty of "anchors" in Summerville too. I'm kinda confused what you're talking about.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:22 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I understood that BJs was going to be on the Berkeley side of Summerville. If that is correct I would have to assume that Dorchester County receives no tax benefit and I would also assume that the City of Summerville does not reap any benefits either. Honestly, I can't think of any anchors, at least not the big ones like the Volvo plant, Boeing, Google, in the City of Summerville, not to say I may be ill informed, I personally can't put my finger on any big anchors.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:20 AM

It's my understanding the the city of Summerville would get benefits if it's inside city limits, no?

Old 07-26-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
It's my understanding the the city of Summerville would get benefits if it's inside city limits, no?
Again, I'm not sure that it will be inside the City of Summerville. From what I read, I'm thinking BJs will be around where Sangaree is. I know Sangaree has a Summerville address, but is in the county of Berkeley and not in the City of Summerville. So if that be the case, I can't see how the City will benefit on taxes.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsausername View Post
Again, I'm not sure that it will be inside the City of Summerville. From what I read, I'm thinking BJs will be around where Sangaree is. I know Sangaree has a Summerville address, but is in the county of Berkeley and not in the City of Summerville. So if that be the case, I can't see how the City will benefit on taxes.
Yes Nexton is right across from Sangaree.

It's not in city limits.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:33 PM

734 posts, read 920,739 times
But I thought BJ's is going to be behind where Walmart is.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb29456 View Post
But I thought BJ's is going to be behind where Walmart is.
It's in the Nexton development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area