Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 07:53 PM

246 posts, read 1,247,893 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on these townhouses?. We're wanting to know what the area is like as far as crime rates, elementary schools, shopping, communte time to Daniels Island, etc. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 12:26 AM

99 posts, read 354,840 times
Default Devon Pointe

[SIZE=2]Those are right near the Devon Forest elementary which sits in the middle of a development. Maps.live.com can give you a birds eye of the area.
It is quiet, close to the Super Wal-Mart. There will be more shopping soon when Cane Bay shops start opening. Meanwhile Summerville and Northwoods mall are close-by.
Nearby is Persimmon Hill townhouses which are frequently available for rent. Also Coventry Green apts, which are in Westview Elementary.
Going from GC to Daniel island, It’s about a 20 mile commute. Probably a half hour. Take N Rhett instead of I26.
[/SIZE]

Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,680,009 times
Just wanted to add that Devon Point has just been built in the last two years. I know two people that lived there while they were waiting for their homes to finish being built and they liked it there.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Luvsdabeach,

Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it!!

Old 02-12-2008, 10:07 PM

Goosecreeker,

Thank you so much also, you guys are awesome!!!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,869 times
Angry I dont advise anyone to live here

I've been staying here for the past 6 months. I've had nothing but issues with this place.
The walls are thin you can hear your neighbors talking, dogs barking etc. On one side of my Town home dogs bark non stop and the woman talks loud and yells.

Be careful on what you get as far as cable or Satelite they will find something to complain about as far as wiring and your not aloud to go through the walls so everything has to be run along the walls and up the stairs.

The same toilet handle has broken twice with a two weeks. The shower know had to be fixed, well it was jerry rigged with some sort of glue, it is broken again. Our Door was leaking water along the water it was flowing in when it would rain took 2 weeks to fix that.

Biggest thing is the AC broke called the emergency maintenance # as well as the main office, didn't get a response until the following day.

This place is horrible. I have another six months if I could get out of my lease legally I would've been gone a long time ago.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,446,873 times
Not to be rude, but I really don't know what you were expecting.

We rented a condo here in Summerville before we bought our home. The walls were thin there, also. With a multi-family building, you will always get noise through the walls; I've never heard of one where the walls were so thick that you got no noise. Have you complained to the complex management about the dog and the woman who talks loud and yells??

As far as the cable and satellite wiring, what you experienced is common in condo/apartment complexes. Also, I'm not sure what type of wiring you were expecting them to do.

You said the "biggest thing" was the broken A/C and you didn't get a response until the following day. Well, ours broke 3 times in the 4 months we lived in the condo rental, and each time the complex management couldn't get anyone out until the next day. That's very common, also.

You don't give enough info. on the other things (toilet, shower) for me to accurately comment on them. But the main point I'm trying to make is that you are experiencing things that are common when people rent. If you go somewhere else, you'll have the same types of things happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area