Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:09 PM

48 posts, read 169,255 times

Advertisements

Is the Summerville area (specifically the new Del Webb Community), in the flight path for the Charleston Airport?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 07:57 PM

64 posts, read 306,313 times
The landing path for rwy 15 (150 degrees) or take off path for runway 33 (330 degrees) appears to be just to the north of Summerville atnd to the south of Dell Webb. The planes have either had a chance to climb high enough or not descend low enough to really be a big problem- unlike North Charleston. Often times planes flying under air traffic control are given different instructions so things can very a bit. Hopefully someone with more direct experience in the immediate area can shed some more light on this.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 7,967 times
Standard approach from the west seems to come right over Ashley River Rd 61 at night usually towards Charleston. Not many aircrafts, some helios. Military I suspect. So that is more like south Summerville by Legend Oaks area. You can hear and see them. They probably received vectors from radar control and are aligning the aircraft for an approach which probably begins fives miles out from Charleston Internationa;. The plane could be coming from anywhere, depends on the runway in use.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
My house is in the flight path quit a bit. I have a 2 story house and there are times when my cats are asleep and a plane will sound like it's going to land on the house and it makes them look up. It's actually funny watching them. lol

I'm so used to these planes that when there is a chance a storm is coming our way and they send the military planes out of here as well as the commercial planes I miss them. It's so quiet it's eery.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:48 PM

3 posts, read 11,514 times
Vectors to 15 usually bring us in just to the East of the 17A Wal-Mart in S'ville and run us just to the West of !-26.

The big circular center of Sangaree is out the left window...

Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
Are you the one that flies low over my house?? hahaha! J/K

Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 AM

70 posts, read 277,008 times
Default Del Webb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Is the Summerville area (specifically the new Del Webb Community), in the flight path for the Charleston Airport?
Del Webb's community in Goose Creek is pretty far away from Charleston Airport. I don't know if it is on the flight path or not, but I believe airplanes would be reasonably high up at that point.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 AM

209 posts, read 820,532 times
How about the small Cooper airport in Mt. Pleasant near Park West and Dunes West. Are there frequent landings and takeoffs by small planes in that area? Is noise a problem?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:29 AM

70 posts, read 277,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorll View Post
How about the small Cooper airport in Mt. Pleasant near Park West and Dunes West. Are there frequent landings and takeoffs by small planes in that area? Is noise a problem?
East Cooper is not very busy and only lands small aircraft. There are a few specific sections of Park West and Charleston National subdivisions that may be in their flight path, but in general this is not a major concern...

Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,831 times
We live in CaneBay and have had NO prob's with flights, we can see them make their approach but its off to a distance. Where we live is about 1/2 mile from DW.

Hope this helps...

"LETS GO GIANTS"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area