Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 01:12 PM

3 posts, read 8,108 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
We have visited the Charleston area many times and have fallen in love with it. We are looking to purchase a vacation home in Mt Pleasant.

At times when we are not there we would like the ability to rent it out on a monthly basis. We aren't looking to do the weekend vacation rental thing - just longer term stays.

In our search we are finding that most HOA's in the Mt Pleasant area don't permit leases for less than 1 yr. (Obviously many people don't follow this as we have stayed in many rentals in the area in communities we now know it is not permitted in.)

So far we have only found it permitted in Planters Place, Snee Farm Lakes and possibly Bay Tree. Does anyone know of other areas we should look at ?

We trying to follow the rules as we will be having a property manager handle the property in our absence. Are we just being too honest?

Thanks for any advice !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,434,635 times
Did you check Seaside farm and Long Grove? also there are townhomes in Park West you may want to try (madison, keswick, hampshire to name a few).

Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Thanks !
I did check Seaside Farms ( min lease is 6 months).
I had assumed Long Grove would fall under the same HOA but maybe it is not so will check that one..thanks !

I am checking with Park West. Most of the online doc's I've found for communities in Park West so far say 6 month minimum too.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:38 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,678,032 times
Friend of mine rented at a place across Rte 17 from Snee Farm Country Club on a montly basis. On the right side on 17 going north, just past IOP Connector. It is a condo complex but quite a few furnished rentals. Sorry but I do not remember the name of the complex. Two story white buildings. Several units per building. Lot parking.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:35 PM

thanks... will check that out too !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area