Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:34 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

Great news. Roman Polanski, the man who drugged a 13 year old girl to have sex with her, was finally arrested outside of France, the country he fled to avoid American prison. Hollywood recently gave him an award and a standing ovation. Guess in Hollywood if you can act or direct then you can do no wrong unless you become Christian and or conservative then they hate you no matter how talented you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 03:06 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
That is a heck of a long time before he got arrested, but good. He pled guilty at the time and then fled the US to France, so karma caught up with him.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:15 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
Did he get arrested for the rape, after this much time has passed? Shame on Hollywood and everyone who stood for an ovation for him. Was he actually present for the award? I thought he was afraid to come back to the States.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:17 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,189,487 times
I'd have to go back and research, but I read years ago that Polanski was set up by the questionable trial judge who had some kind of obsessional, personal grudge against him. There were questions about the validity of the charges and the prosecution, and indeed the supposed victim.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:28 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
He plead guilty to having sex with a 13 year old girl, but the judge kept changing his mind as to what he wanted to do with Polanski .... the judge's behavior even confused the prosecuting attorney.

So see, he plead guilty ... he admitted it. Even the victim has said it's silly to keep this controversy going as she's moved on. Personally, why parents would allow their 13 year old daugther to go alone to a home with a man is beyond me.

I have a feeling that no extradition will take place and the case will be closed.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Oh I remember that. Didn't it happen at Jack Nicholson's house? Polanski originally did some time for the crime (certainly not long enough given the circumstances) and then the district attorney or someone changed their mind regarding the plea bargain deal so he fled to France.

Polanski was always a little odd, even before the horrible death of his wife/unborn child who were killed by the Charles Manson group.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Polanski went to Chino prison for psychiatric evaluation, per the judge. The judge kept changing his mind as to what he wanted to do with Polanski. The prosecutor and Polanski's defense attorneys were baffled and it was alluded to that the judge was starstruck and craved the attention that was afforded by this case.

Regardless, what Polanski did was abhorable, but but but but ... the mother allowed her pubescent teenage daughter to be alone with a grown man with a reputation for liking 'em young ... he wasn't known as an angel in the business.

Be that as it may. Even the victim has asked that this just go away. I'm sure Roman Polanski is regretting getting on that plane to Zurich.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
So because the mother was an idiot, the charges should be dropped?
Just because the victim has asked that it go away (frankly, she reached a financial settlement with Polanski) doesn't mean it should. Regardless, he drugged and raped a 13 y.o. girl. Then he fled the country to avoid serving time. Just another example of money buying one's way out of illegal behavior.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:35 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
I don't feel bad for him. Oh well if the judge was nuts. That's what appeals are for. I doubt he's been living a hard life in France all these years. You do the crime, you do the time...it was a heinous crime and the fact that all these years have gone by have nothing to do with it IMO, nor does the fact that the parents of the victim may have been complete morons.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 PM

132 posts, read 370,236 times
Roman Polanski has been arrested, but the man is doing no time. Even the 13 year old girl he was with, now a woman, wants the case thrown out. Everytime it's brought up, it brings unwanted attention concerning the events to those involved.

The sooner it's over, the sooner Polanski can walk the Earth a completely free man. Free to do what he does best - movies. And the sooner the woman and her family can have the privacy she seeks. The only people making a deal out of it anymore are those who had nothing to do with it. Like some people from this website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities