Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 AM

10,041 posts, read 9,543,227 times

Advertisements

I find it sad that because he is a wealthy movie producer that so many people are just willing to defend this sleaze. I don't see anyone defending the normal sleaze you find on the sex offender registry, not that anyone should. Just find it really sad that his profession and wealth seems to give him a free pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:16 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,738,871 times
The U.S. isn't justified in extraditing a man who fled the country on rape charges, while they give free passage to a man wanted on terrorism charges (NO, not George Bush!).

If the man has stayed out of our country, then let's just keep him out of the country. Banishment is as good a punishment as any.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,664,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I find it sad that because he is a wealthy movie producer that so many people are just willing to defend this sleaze. I don't see anyone defending the normal sleaze you find on the sex offender registry, not that anyone should. Just find it really sad that his profession and wealth seems to give him a free pass.
I agree. And remember just a few years earlier, he dated Natasha Kinski who was only 15 when he was in his forties. I remember that being a bit of a scandal at the time also.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,705,667 times
I havent read most of the posts here so forgive me if this is already discussed. I see many people in the media defending him and i say to myself, why? He is a rapist and the victim deserves justice.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,804,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I havent read most of the posts here so forgive me if this is already discussed. I see many people in the media defending him and i say to myself, why? He is a rapist and the victim deserves justice.
the victim feels that justice has already been served.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM

Probably because if it was just some ******* who fled the country, the U.S. wouldn't be trying to extradite him over a rape case. Now, if he ever voluntarily returned, they might punish the *******...but they wouldn't go through the effort of extraditing him.

It's only because the guy's famous.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:18 AM

I can't say shnuck with an m?

Old 09-29-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
If the normal sleaze fled the country, the U.S. wouldn't be trying to extradite him, they'd just say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,664,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
The victim does not want to be dragged through the muck any more than she already has. She is married with children and wants this all to end to save her and her family from all the lurid details coming forth in the news again. She sued Polanski years ago and received an undisclosed settlement.

She has requested his case be dismissed.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,804,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
The victim does not want to be dragged through the muck any more than she already has. She is married with children and wants this all to end to save her and her family from all the lurid details coming forth in the news again. She sued Polanski years ago and received an undisclosed settlement.

She has requested his case be dismissed.
methinks there's someone in the LA DA's office with political aspirations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities