Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:16 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,772 times

Advertisements

I like george clooney , he is my favourite actor ,not because he is good looking but he is a good person and capable actor .now he says that he is engaged and he denials it then he tells the press that he is ready having kids but he is not ready to marry.
I think he doesn't want to get married or has kids so why he is acting like that? I respect him and I don't want to change my mind. Do you think so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 03:30 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,327,152 times
If he marries now he will lose a bet.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:51 PM

I think that he will lose his bet because he will marry me .

Old 07-04-2008, 07:14 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,173 times
It was reported that years ago he had a $10K bet, each, with Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfeiffer that he wouldn't have kids or marry by the time he was 40 .... let me go see if I can find that
[...later...]

*snork* In a celebrity baby blog, of all places

George Clooney praises Nicole Kidman's motherhood skills : Celebrity Baby Blog
Quote:
The two actors have been friends since they met in 1997 while doing the movie The Peacemaker. In 1998, Nicole and Michelle Pfeiffer bet Clooney $10,000 that by 2001, he'd be married with children. George won the bet.
Clooney has already been married once, I believe, and vowed that the state of matrimony/parenthood was not for him.

*shrug* Good on him. He follows a script in the movies; doesn't mean he has to follow the same in real life.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:38 PM

I do believe that people change , you are not the same person like yesterday ,philosophy says you don't get to the sea twice because it changes all the time . forget the bet . it means nothing for george clooney.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:29 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
I do believe that people change , you are not the same person like yesterday ,philosophy says you don't get to the sea twice because it changes all the time . forget the bet . it means nothing for george clooney.
Yeah, I get that nonsense all the time when people question my stance on not having kids . I made the decision back in my teens and almost 40 years later I have 0 - z e r o - regrets.

Interviews given by George point to him not wanting to father children; instead being a mentor and favorite relative

Clooney Studio | George Clooney PrimeTime transcript

DIANE SAWYER: Even some of your friends have said now he's going to wake up and say, "Children!"

GEORGE CLOONEY: Children, get married?

DIANE SAWYER: Yeah.

GEORGE CLOONEY: My friends said that?

DIANE SAWYER: Yeah. I saw upstairs, you know, you have pictures of kids.

GEORGE CLOONEY: Oh, yeah. I actually have several children. I just don't tell people. Nine illegitimate children that are running around. I got a beautiful niece and nephew. I'm godfather to a bunch of great kids who are here most of the summer.

DIANE SAWYER: But that has to be in that moment where you are looking at the finite nature of life that you say, "Why didn't I? Why haven't I?"

GEORGE CLOONEY: I think that most people think that. You know, most people feel that way. And they have no understanding about someone who has no thought like that. There isn't anything in me that wants to replicate. I believe in all of those things, in a way, but I don't necessarily think it has to be from my loins. And I always find that it is such a great responsibility that I thought it was something I couldn't just do half-arsed.
[/quote]

The bold part is the quote of someone with a CF frame of mind; the words "And they have no understanding about someone who has no thought like that." Whatever drive or reason there is for people to want kids doesn't exist in people like that. They believe themselves "wired" and all talk about "people change; they aren't the same at 30 as 20; yadda yadda..." might apply in some fashion except when it comes to "replicating".

George may end up getting married and having kids; or settling into a relationship and having kids. If he does, having said the above, it will most likely be because it's the terms a woman lays down as the condition for staying with him. I don't doubt that he would then be a good father; loving his kids and being a responsible parent. Someone with his clarity would admit that he didn't want kids, but in having them he is making a choice to go against his grain and would consider it unfair to take it out on the kids.

Myself - I hope he will find someone who fits his grain: is childfree. I'm not even in the fantasy sweepstakes running - I'm not a particular fan of his and, at best, remember him from his stint on "ER". However, I know of quite a few CF ladies who drool over him and would love to be a devoted CF mate to him

Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Shania Twain is available! I think they'd make a great couple.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:33 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,938,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
I like george clooney , he is my favourite actor ,not because he is good looking but he is a good person and capable actor .now he says that he is engaged and he denials it then he tells the press that he is ready having kids but he is not ready to marry.
I think he doesn't want to get married or has kids so why he is acting like that? I respect him and I don't want to change my mind. Do you think so?
Simple...Gay marriage is not legal on a federal level!

Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Simple...Gay marriage is not legal on a federal level!
Bananaphone in the pantalone!!! Yea!!

Old 07-06-2008, 03:29 PM

george clooney is a straight man .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities