Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 10:49 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,330,793 times

Advertisements

.....or so claims his brother, Michael.

I don't believe Andy is alive, but I want to. And I love that his friends and family do things like this to celebrate his life and work.

Long Live (maybe, literally) ANDY KAUFMAN

Andy Kaufman -- Video of Alleged Daughter -- MY FATHER LIVES | TMZ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 06:49 PM

12,337 posts, read 17,243,475 times
It's a hoax. The daughter stated her age as 24. Andy died 29 years ago. He was quite a talent but is not alive unfortunately.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:53 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,578,665 times
his ''daughter'' is clearly acting, overacting really with the repeated "oh my gosh" hand gestures to the face and aw shucks looks

shame on his brother, can't he make a living on his own?

Old 11-15-2013, 03:40 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,056,851 times
About this "daughter"

SHOCKER: Andy Kaufman

Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
his ''daughter'' is clearly acting, overacting really with the repeated "oh my gosh" hand gestures to the face and aw shucks looks

shame on his brother, can't he make a living on his own?
Don't really think this hoax has anything to do with money. Aside from making a few tv appearances in interviews he's not really doing anything with it.
It's simply just carrying on what Andy would seemingly want, Andy was all about social experiments and testing the bounds of what people would buy into. At the show Michael told a story of finding an essay that Andy wrote about how he would fake his death, he put instructions for his brother to meet him at a restaurant on Christmas Eve in 1999, as the story goes Michael showed up and was handed a letter from a stranger that was a letter written by Andy, talking about how he's doing. I believe that happened, as I've heard this story before. I don't think Andy lived past 1984, but I do believe that he gave the letter to his friend Bob Zmuda with the instructions of passing it off to someone that his brother wouldn't know and have it delivered to him, why? Because that's Andy Kaufman. I think he's probably smiling right now looking down and seeing that almost 30 years after his death the Kaufman Hoax is in full effect.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:58 AM

8,510 posts, read 13,628,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It's a hoax. The daughter stated her age as 24. Andy died 29 years ago. He was quite a talent but is not alive unfortunately.
Well, it may not seem probable or even plausible based on those facts but it still is possible because if he was indeed alive post 1984, he would still be able to have a child, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
About this "daughter"

SHOCKER: Andy Kaufman
So, after his alleged death, Andy Kaufman because a doctor? Wow, that is a shocker! [/justkidding]

I still think he is alive kicking it on a remote island, along with Elvis Presley, JFK, Jimmy Hoffa, MJ, etc.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Well, it may not seem probable or even plausible based on those facts but it still is possible because if he was indeed alive post 1984, he would still be able to have a child, right?

So, after his alleged death, Andy Kaufman because a doctor? Wow, that is a shocker! [/justkidding]

I still think he is alive kicking it on a remote island, along with Elvis Presley, JFK, Jimmy Hoffa, MJ, etc.
Yeah, the criticism that he couldn't have a 24 year old daughter is moot in this case because the premise is that he had the child after he faked his own death.

As far as who the girl really is, well anyone who wants to keep the shadow of doubt up can simply convince themselves that Andy used his resources to get his daughter's name changed and called upon a friend of his to present himself as her father so that he could stay in hiding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities