Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

The guys is a total joke.......do people actually like his music???
absolutely. it's fully possible to distinguish between Kanye the artist and Kanye the d-bag. as a rapper, he's very innovative and have had tons a bonafide hits. outside his music, he comes across like a massive, egotistical jerk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 09:47 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
I'm too old to be fan of his.....I'm not familiar with his music at all.

Most celebrities hire professionals (publicists/trainers/coaches) to help them through their embarrassing public moments. He needs to do the same.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:37 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Most celebrities hire professionals (publicists/trainers/coaches) to help them through their embarrassing public moments. He needs to do the same.
pity the poor fool that chooses to become Kanye's publicist.

honestly, I don't think that would work. both his mouth an his ego are too big. he likely won't stand for someone telling him to tone it down and stop Tweeting nonsense. He's unlikely to hire one and I doubt anyone will volunteer-he's too volatile. some celebs are just too difficult for some to work w/ (hence why they go through personal assistants, lawyers, and publicists they way they do)

Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

yeah me too, and also insert, that we probably wouldn't like it if we heard it either...

(son speaking) Oh Papa, don't you know who this is ???
(me, Papa) No, and I don't care either.
(son speaking) ugh, rolls eyes----------(just like his father)

Old 11-25-2010, 01:04 AM

664 posts, read 855,233 times
Quote:
lets look at it this way,

Bush was the President of our country, and West is (insert laugh here) a rapper.......

Whether you like Bush or not, you tell me who the more intelligent one is...

The former president of our nation, or (insert laugh here) a rapper....

I cant stop laughing, this really is a no brainer...........

so just because someone is a rapper mean that they aren't smart? omg wowwwwwwww! SMH. i'm done!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
so just because someone is a rapper mean that they aren't smart? omg wowwwwwwww! SMH. i'm done!

The President of the United States - A Rapper.

if you can't figure this out.............................................:s mack:

Old 11-30-2010, 07:12 PM

664 posts, read 855,233 times
Quote:
The President of the United States - A Rapper.

if you can't figure this out.............................................:s mack:

hmmmm ummmm just because you're the president doesn't mean you're smart. you would be surprised at how many smart intellegent rappers there are. you don't want to see. you really need to stop with that (insert laugh here) a rapper stuff. it is not cute at all.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQNsnlj6aW0

Old 12-02-2010, 10:54 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,777,607 times
I love Kanye West ! In fact I was thinking about writing a special post about him in my blog this morning while on the way to work and listening to his Graduation CD.

Make no mistake, Kanye IS a jackass. He's also spoiled and egotistical. But hey, no one is perfect. I think it is worse to put yourself out there like you ARE perfect and try to live in this manufactured life where you delude yourself and the people around you. I saw Taylor Swift on TV talking about how she wrote a breakup song about John Mayer on her new album and about how she has the right to do so because 'he hurt her'. Now I could care less....but that just came off as incredibly immature and vindictive for no reason. Yet Taylor Swift is the poster child for the good ol' American Girl. Yeah.

I remember when Kanye shot off his mouth about Bush and Katrina. I think I stood up and applauded! When you are the President of the United States...guess what? You put yourself out there for public, personal criticism. Look at what happens with President Obama. He's insulted day and night...24/7, and no one is up in arms. I guess it depends on what side of the fence you're on though, right?

And finally Kanye West is rich. He is rich mainly because of his talent (he worked as a producer with Jay-Z back in 2000. He is most certainly a trendsetter...in a time where gangsta rap and rappers seemed to be all there was (Kanye on the other hand focuses on materialism...not praiseworthy, but at least it's not illegal to be materialistic!). And secondly, Kanye is rich because he knows how to keep himself in the public spotlight. There is a saying, "No news is bad news." When it comes to PR, our [sick] society rewards eccentric celebrities. The weirder you act, the longer you can bankroll dollars. My goodness, why is David Hasselhoff still popping up all over TV while Don Johnson is not? Because he is a weirdo, that's why!

Anyway I appreciate Kanye for showing the world how he is. Rich and spoiled and doing what he wants! He gets an 'A' in the 'No B.S.' class. He's talented, but he's also a psychological train wreck. I wish him well and pray that he doesn't succumb to substance abuse and end up like Charlie Sheen or something. He seems like he would be a fun guy to party with regardless though.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
I love Kanye West ! In fact I was thinking about writing a special post about him in my blog this morning while on the way to work and listening to his Graduation CD.

Make no mistake, Kanye IS a jackass. He's also spoiled and egotistical. But hey, no one is perfect. I think it is worse to put yourself out there like you ARE perfect and try to live in this manufactured life where you delude yourself and the people around you. I saw Taylor Swift on TV talking about how she wrote a breakup song about John Mayer on her new album and about how she has the right to do so because 'he hurt her'. Now I could care less....but that just came off as incredibly immature and vindictive for no reason. Yet Taylor Swift is the poster child for the good ol' American Girl. Yeah.

I remember when Kanye shot off his mouth about Bush and Katrina. I think I stood up and applauded! When you are the President of the United States...guess what? You put yourself out there for public, personal criticism. Look at what happens with President Obama. He's insulted day and night...24/7, and no one is up in arms. I guess it depends on what side of the fence you're on though, right?

And finally Kanye West is rich. He is rich mainly because of his talent (he worked as a producer with Jay-Z back in 2000. He is most certainly a trendsetter...in a time where gangsta rap and rappers seemed to be all there was (Kanye on the other hand focuses on materialism...not praiseworthy, but at least it's not illegal to be materialistic!). And secondly, Kanye is rich because he knows how to keep himself in the public spotlight. There is a saying, "No news is bad news." When it comes to PR, our [sick] society rewards eccentric celebrities. The weirder you act, the longer you can bankroll dollars. My goodness, why is David Hasselhoff still popping up all over TV while Don Johnson is not? Because he is a weirdo, that's why!

Anyway I appreciate Kanye for showing the world how he is. Rich and spoiled and doing what he wants! He gets an 'A' in the 'No B.S.' class. He's talented, but he's also a psychological train wreck. I wish him well and pray that he doesn't succumb to substance abuse and end up like Charlie Sheen or something. He seems like he would be a fun guy to party with regardless though.
One of the things I like about Kanye is that he works. A lot of people in the music industry just do any old thing and blow up but I always feel like Kanye puts an effort into his music, his raps, his videos, etc. He's personality doesn't really bother me. He has a rock star mentality and he's earned it, unlike some.

America is hysterical to me in the things they boo and boycott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities