Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times

Advertisements

I'm so happy your baby came back to you Marylee. Give him a big hug for me would you?

If you had elected to contact his previous owner, make sure to let her know your happy ending - as well as taking down all the fliers. It's so rare to hear the happy endings when it comes to animals, I'm so so happy he came home safe and sound, and snug as a bug. - Excuse me while I go find a ball of kitty-fur to go cry into, myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM

244 posts, read 718,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylee54 View Post
He cuddled with me all night, right in the crook of my arm. He used to just sleep at the foot of the bed. then he decided to slep in the headboard/bookshelf he could hide and poke his nose out. He follows me al lover the house and purrs constantly. Nice to be appreciated!

The great God of cats must have been watching over him, he's in perfect condition, not even any dirt, just somewhat thin, but not excessively so. He must have been trapped in a garage or shed. I'm going to get him some A/D diet, that's to fatten up a sick cat, along with some kitty vit-amins.Now he's helping me with my keyboard, probably wants to type Hello to everyone!

Last night was an artic blast, temperatures dropped in the teens, so mice to curl up with a good book, a fluffy comforter, and a fluffy cat. Life is good!

Sweet! He knows how good he has it I'm glad he made it back safe and sound! Enjoy your new found kitty

Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
*happy dance* Hooray for Marshmallow!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 AM

244 posts, read 718,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
Great! Now share a picture with us of Marshmallow

I second this request!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:02 AM

605 posts, read 2,990,334 times
I am so happy for you! I know someone else whose cat was missing from Thanksgiving on to the Sunday after - she surmised he was probably locked in someone's garage, who then left for the weekend.

I'm so glad!

Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,253,062 times
Pictures coming soon!

He's back to his old tricks, like sitting on my mouse, drinking from the fuacet when I brush my teeth, he's very thin. His thick coat disguises it, but he is bony.

He is a long story, but I adopted him from a shelter to ease the grief when we had Mike PTS last Nov. Mike was elderly with many problems that couldn't be managed. We adopted Marshmallow about a week later, we were volunteering at a shelter and I fell in love with Marshmallow. His was a sad story, given up by his owner due to financial hardship, that accounts for about 3/4 of all shelter animals.

I did contact the former owner when we adopted him, she's 94 and in a retirement home. She was so happy to know someone had taken her pet. I was going to send her pcitures, but he ran away. No way was I going to let that poor old lady know her precioius kitty was lost! He's home now safe and sound.

She gave some excellent advice--don't take on pets that could outlive you. She had Marshmallow for just two years, he was a newborn kitten someone gave her, then she couldn't care for him due to age. For people like us in their mid 50's, no more puppies or kittens, go to the shelter and give an "older" animal a home.

I'm just so ove joyed to have my baby back!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,426,738 times
YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doin' the happy dance {{{{{}}}}}}

Old 01-07-2010, 01:06 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,355,097 times
Happy dance!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,817,467 times
That is fantastically awesome and terrific!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Good job, Marshmallow!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM

811 posts, read 1,386,992 times
How great!!!!!!!!!! Now, if he could only tell you what he was up to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats