Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 01:56 AM

426 posts, read 1,570,694 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any good links for me to research FELV and the FELV vaccination? GOOD sites, for or against vax is fine (I'd like a balanced education ) and I don't want to just google it, cause who knows what I might come up with. I know zero about the topic right now.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Can't help with a website. But you can always count on me to have an opinion!

If your cat is exposed to other cats, I recommend getting shots for FLV, as it is incurable and contagious.

Vaccines are necessary if your cats go outside (I'll save that lecture for later), are shown in cat shows, are boarded, or ever expose to other cats.

But, our cats are purely indoor cats and are not exposed to other cats. New kitties get the full course of shots, but after that, they don't get any.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:05 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,146,512 times
Dr. Fox is as good a place to start as any.

Dr. Michael W. Fox - Essays, Reviews, Articles on Pet Behavior, Care and Health (http://www.twobitdog.com/DrFox/index.aspx - broken link)

Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,373 times
I need everyones help. My daughter and I rescued a Kitten from the motor of a neighbors car. He is now 8-10 weeks old and His name is Camry ( the kind of car he was found in) We both are in love with this Kitten. He is extremely affectionate, very playful and very good natured
The problem is that we cannot keep him because I have two family members that are really allergic.
I decided to take Camry to the Vet because I wanted to make sure he was in good health and get him all his shots etc.
Camry tested positive for Feline Leukemia. The Vet explained that this could be a false positive and that this often happens in Kittens. However because he tested positive, he would need to be kept as an indoor cat and away from other cats, because if he has this disease he could spread it. He needs to be tested again when he is 6 months old.
It is so hard to find someone to adopt a Healthy Kitten. Camry may not have this Virus but we will not know until he is 6 months old.
I am moving in a few weeks and cannot take Camry into my New Home (allergic family members)
Is there anyone out there that could or would take Camry, give him a great home and love him as much as I do?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,991,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisagassick View Post
I need everyones help.
Is there anyone out there that could or would take Camry, give him a great home and love him as much as I do?
This is a National Forum or International Forum and you didn't say where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats