Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 28,681 times

Advertisements

Wonder if anyone can help me. Have 4 cats, 1 17years, no probs. 2 at 10 years and a 1 year old neutered Maine Coon. Just recently one of the 10 year olds (neutered) has started spraying all round the house. Think he's depressed due to the Maine Coon and is marking HIS house as he sees it. Have to keep cleaning it up and it does smell bad even though he's neutered. Try to keep him away from sof furnishings etc and at least the sofa is leather so can be cleaned easily. I don't get cross with him as his nose already is out of joint. Don't use bleach as it will make him spray again apparently. But HOW can I stop him??? He has plenty of space inside and out but is spraying ALL the time around the garden and in the house. We've always had 3 or 4 cats and never had this problem before. Vet says he's in good health so it's not that. what can I do next?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 04:24 PM

7 posts, read 36,163 times
This is a VERY common problem. I have 20 cats and lots of experience with this. Get NATURE'S MIRACLE solution, available at most pet stores, to get the smell out. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. Follow the directions. Just because YOU can't smell it anymore, doesn't mean THEY can't.

To get him to STOP....check out these links. I have many more, so email me privately (hubiNOkenubi@SPAMaol.com) if you need more info. (remove NO SPAM to reply).

http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=174

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/our_pets_for_life_program/cat_behavior_tip_sheets/urinemarking_behavior.html (broken link)

http://www.dr-dan.com/caturine.htm

Hope this helps,
Julie

Old 04-29-2007, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 28,681 times
Default Thanx

I've checked out the websites- good information there. Fingers crossed that it he soon stops.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 PM

10 posts, read 38,697 times
White Vinegar is awesome for cleaning uncarpeted floors to get cat odors out, I didn't believe it until I tried it. Also, there is a product called fel-a-way (the a may actually be the letter "i") Pet Smart used to sell it. The product is a spray and It also comes as a "plug in". The smell is supposed to calm animals, which is often used in situations such as yours. We used to sell it often when I was working at a vet clinic. However, it is an over the counter product. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:31 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,378 times
Get rid of the cat!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
Get rid of the cat!
Not the best answer. Is get rid of meaning to put it to sleep? Otherwise it could become someone else's problem.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Not the best answer. Is get rid of meaning to put it to sleep? Otherwise it could become someone else's problem.
I dunno, Cats tear my alergies up!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
Get rid of the cat!
Whoever decided to give negitive reputation for my post, you are a child. You cant even leave your name.... Thats mature. For your comment, "dont post if you can not contribute". That is contribution to the post. Grow up! If you have a problem with my post then pm me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats