Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 11:16 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,182,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
I was volunteering again at Habitat for Humanity, rebuilding a house and this adorable, little very friendly cat was hanging out at the house all day with us. We gave the kitten food and water and she had no desire to leave❗️
Many years ago in the town where I live a small eight story apt. bldg was being constructed with a cafe on the street level. Once the first couple of floors were constructed the workers used to leave their gear and their lunches in the empty space that was going to be the cafe. Then they would eat in that space.

Once when they were eating, one of the workers noticed a cat perched on a pile of stuff watching them. "There's a cat here," he said (not in English). So, they began giving it tidbits, and it became a lunch time regular. The building has been occupied for years, the cafe has had three owners in the last twenty years and the cat is long gone.

But the name of the cafe is still Aqui Há Gato/There's a Cat Here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 01:13 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Many years ago in the town where I live a small eight story apt. bldg was being constructed with a cafe on the street level. Once the first couple of floors were constructed the workers used to leave their gear and their lunches in the empty space that was going to be the cafe. Then they would eat in that space.

Once when they were eating, one of the workers noticed a cat perched on a pile of stuff watching them. "There's a cat here," he said (not in English). So, they began giving it tidbits, and it became a lunch time regular. The building has been occupied for years, the cafe has had three owners in the last twenty years and the cat is long gone.

But the name of the cafe is still Aqui Há Gato/There's a Cat Here.
I love that!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:57 PM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
I was volunteering again at Habitat for Humanity, rebuilding a house and this adorable, little very friendly cat was hanging out at the house all day with us. We gave the kitten food and water and she had no desire to leave❗️
That's more than likely a he. The orange ones usually are.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:20 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,640,743 times
Since we were talking in the Chat thread about how our cats like to shadow us and how sometimes cat love is just how they like chilling in the same room and such... The other night I was sitting in my chair in the living room, looking at Facebook on my phone, and I looked up and I was being "supervised."

Old 09-25-2019, 04:31 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Since we were talking in the Chat thread about how our cats like to shadow us and how sometimes cat love is just how they like chilling in the same room and such... The other night I was sitting in my chair in the living room, looking at Facebook on my phone, and I looked up and I was being "supervised."

Go ahead - mess with me.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:36 PM

30,488 posts, read 16,202,768 times
if you could read a kitty's mind.........

or maybe not.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:52 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,640,743 times
I feel like he was just bored because it was dark out and there were no squirrels to watch, which is normally what he'd rather be doing when he's up there. So he's staring at me, as though I'm gonna entertain him or something. Like "God human, you're boring." Though shortly after I took this photo he did give me blinky eyes.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I feel like he was just bored because it was dark out and there were no squirrels to watch, which is normally what he'd rather be doing when he's up there. So he's staring at me, as though I'm gonna entertain him or something. Like "God human, you're boring." Though shortly after I took this photo he did give me blinky eyes.
Probably pretty close there.

Nice photo, btw.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:49 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times

Old 10-06-2019, 07:36 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
So I went to my nearby pet store today, and look who was in the sweatshirt pouch of one of the employees?
Attached Thumbnails
Cat pics!!!-cat-pouch-1.jpg   Cat pics!!!-cat-pouch-2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats