Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 01:50 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Izzi is one freakin' gorgeous kitty. I won't let Berkeley see the photo as he thinks of himself as the most beautiful kitty in the whole world and I don't want to hurt his feelings (although Sonic's Nimbus is WAY up there too) ...
Aw! Thank you! I agree that there is a lot of room for all of the Most Beautiful Kitties.

@catdad7x: Yes, they have such demanding schedules, do they not? What with the morning nap, the afternoon nap, mealtimes, all the fur that must be washed, keeping one's humans properly supervised, and the very important 3AM frisk about the house, I'm sure it can be quite a task to fit in a spot of majestic lounging in one's evening, and SOMEBODY's got to watch those darn squirrels out the window.

Hey tho holy mackerel, I've got a few sheep skin rugs, and I'm looking at that couch thinking, that must have cost a small fortune! Looks super fluffy and cozy, though! You know what's weird? Nimbus once loved sleeping on the lambskin that we kept in one of our recliners, but for years now he has refused to have anything to do with any of them. I've got one on the floor in my bedroom, and he won't even walk on it now. He leaps over or carefully goes around it. I've always wondered (as I often wonder what he is thinking, silly as that might be) what happened to change his mind...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 02:21 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,555,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Aw! Thank you! I agree that there is a lot of room for all of the Most Beautiful Kitties.

@catdad7x: Yes, they have such demanding schedules, do they not? What with the morning nap, the afternoon nap, mealtimes, all the fur that must be washed, keeping one's humans properly supervised, and the very important 3AM frisk about the house, I'm sure it can be quite a task to fit in a spot of majestic lounging in one's evening, and SOMEBODY's got to watch those darn squirrels out the window.

Hey tho holy mackerel, I've got a few sheep skin rugs, and I'm looking at that couch thinking, that must have cost a small fortune! Looks super fluffy and cozy, though! You know what's weird? Nimbus once loved sleeping on the lambskin that we kept in one of our recliners, but for years now he has refused to have anything to do with any of them. I've got one on the floor in my bedroom, and he won't even walk on it now. He leaps over or carefully goes around it. I've always wondered (as I often wonder what he is thinking, silly as that might be) what happened to change his mind...

Have you tried putting it back on the recliner? or on top of the back of a sofa? Kitties like to be 'high' -- they feel safe and can see what's going on. I wouldn't want to curl up on the floor either, with all those feet 'n legs walking around.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:07 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Have you tried putting it back on the recliner? or on top of the back of a sofa? Kitties like to be 'high' -- they feel safe and can see what's going on. I wouldn't want to curl up on the floor either, with all those feet 'n legs walking around.
The recliner is no more. I have one on the couch, one in a big upholstered chair (Nimbus likes to scratch said chair, and it's his "base" in our games of tag apparently, but he doesn't lay in it) and one on the floor in my room. He avoids them all. He is not lacking in nice places to snooze, but like...the one that is on the floor in my room? Used to be on my bed. He avoided it then, and would only lay on one of my blankets, not on the fur. Since I moved it to the floor, he'll happily sprawl out all over my bed. In the living room, he won't lie on the chair or couch, but only up in his highest cat tree perch...which is fine of course, I'm not about telling my cat where he can lounge. I'm just curious why once upon a time, he loved to snuggle down on a lambskin and now not only will he do no such thing, he won't even step on one. His motivations are a mystery to me. And I may never know, but I always wonder what he might be thinking of.

Old 08-27-2019, 05:05 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times

Old 08-27-2019, 05:13 PM

30,545 posts, read 16,240,407 times
there's gotta be a reason.........

Old 08-27-2019, 05:49 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Yeah, but do we want to know?

Old 08-27-2019, 07:42 PM

6,153 posts, read 4,525,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Yeah, but do we want to know?
Why cats do this or why 007 loves posting it?

Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
I post them cuz they're really funny!

Old 08-28-2019, 06:45 AM

30,545 posts, read 16,240,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
yup. works for me.

I actually meant a reason for kitties to be so silly. and, catdad, you have a point. Some things are meant to be appreciated and not necessarily understood.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:52 AM

6,153 posts, read 4,525,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Can't argue with that. Cats are just really funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats