Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 10:21 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,079,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I did tell my partner that letting the young, impressionable house cats watch "Big Cat Week" might not be the best idea...
That is so funny and cute! I actually just watched a BBC video on Netflix streaming -- it was called Lions: Spy in the Den and was really fascinating. There were LOTS of scenes of lion cubs playing and they reminded me so much of my kitties playing. Very fun to watch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 09:49 AM

457 posts, read 497,511 times
These are my babies.......as you can see, they have a hard time getting comfortable.
Dark gray - Tissy
Gray with white feet - Momo
1st Orange - Monkey before his new & improved look (he's now a one-eyed beauty)
2nd Orange - Rusty (this picture is a perfect representation of his personality - TROUBLE)
Attached Thumbnails
Cat pics!!!-img_0133.jpg   Cat pics!!!-img_1005.jpg   Cat pics!!!-img_0205.jpg   Cat pics!!!-dsc01299.jpg  

Old 12-18-2015, 01:49 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post
These are my babies.......as you can see, they have a hard time getting comfortable.
Dark gray - Tissy
Gray with white feet - Momo
1st Orange - Monkey before his new & improved look (he's now a one-eyed beauty)
2nd Orange - Rusty (this picture is a perfect representation of his personality - TROUBLE)
Adorable furkids you have there.

Do they rule you by committee, or is there an elected Alpha that oversees everything? I've always lived with multiples, and sometimes it's hard to know which one of them was really in charge. It's never me, that's for sure.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:25 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,074,139 times
What a bunch of beautiful fur-balls.....

Old 12-19-2015, 04:39 AM

457 posts, read 497,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Adorable furkids you have there.

Do they rule you by committee, or is there an elected Alpha that oversees everything? I've always lived with multiples, and sometimes it's hard to know which one of them was really in charge. It's never me, that's for sure.
Oh, there is no committee. They would have to work together - not gonna happen. They rule individually based on their need and/or desire at the time.
Tissy, though she is the smallest, has the ability to be the most annoying at times. We found her when she was around 4 weeks old, malnourished and alone. (We think her mother and sibling did not make it). She gets what she wants.
Rusty is just a plain ole dumb bully and yet, the biggest sissy in the house. But, he loves me to the moon and back. He gets what he wants.
Monkey is grouchy most of the time (but he has his moments). He literally came from the streets/woods. He had to have a certain attitude to survive. He gets what he wants.
Momo is the sweetest cat I've ever had, he loves everybody. Purrs the second you touch him. He ALWAYS gets what he wants.

So, in the pecking order, I'm dead last. I work for them, and I'm pretty good at my job.

Old 12-19-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post
Oh, there is no committee. They would have to work together - not gonna happen. They rule individually based on their need and/or desire at the time.
Tissy, though she is the smallest, has the ability to be the most annoying at times. We found her when she was around 4 weeks old, malnourished and alone. (We think her mother and sibling did not make it). She gets what she wants.
Rusty is just a plain ole dumb bully and yet, the biggest sissy in the house. But, he loves me to the moon and back. He gets what he wants.
Monkey is grouchy most of the time (but he has his moments). He literally came from the streets/woods. He had to have a certain attitude to survive. He gets what he wants.
Momo is the sweetest cat I've ever had, he loves everybody. Purrs the second you touch him. He ALWAYS gets what he wants.

So, in the pecking order, I'm dead last. I work for them, and I'm pretty good at my job.
Same at my house. My girls don't agree on anything. Since my old girl Rainbow passed in 2013, it's been a toss-up on who's in charge. She was the matriarch and ruled over 6 other cats most of her life. Now my oldest is Gypsy, and she's trying to fill that top spot, but can't quite pull it off. If she gets bossy, the others just stare at her & ignore her, and I think it drives her nuts.

Pecking order?.... Yep, me too.
In my younger years if someone had told me I would end up being a totally devoted slave to a bunch of cranky furballs, I'd have called them crazy. But thanks to my dear departed wife, here I am. I consider it one of the greatest gifts she ever gave me.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:20 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Daisy in her favorite position. She loves being under anything.....blankets, carpets, etc. We have to be careful not to sit on her or step on her.

Don

Old 12-22-2015, 12:06 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,817,467 times
My two dearly departed Christmas cats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MerryCatfish.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	162962

Click image for larger version

Name:	HappyHaggie.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	162963

Old 12-22-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
My two dearly departed Christmas cats.

Attachment 162962

Attachment 162963
Sorry they are no longer with you.

Then again... perhaps they are.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
They were really beautiful. All of us who have lost our little buddies can relate. Have you gotten another cat or two since ?

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats