Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 12:21 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,723 times

Advertisements

We got a new kitty, but she has really become my kitty. Her name is Karliah and she loves to talk!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Lunar Delta - you have a precious addition to your family:>)

Old 03-12-2014, 09:44 AM

369 posts, read 759,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Checkers likes yogurt, too, although he minds his manners and waits for me to offer it to him on my finger. He prefers plain, but has begged for fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt as well.
Neptune sits on my lap and waits until I'm finished because he knows I'll let him lick the cup clean when I'm done. It's hard for him to be patient so I try to eat quickly, lol. He likes all the fruit flavors. I don't buy plain but he'd probably like that too. Yoplait's dessert type flavors are the only ones he doesn't care for. He tried Key Lime Pie and Boston Creme and didn't want a second lick of either.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:29 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
My Mickey likes yogurt too, and licks it out of the cup. I'm a sucker too, and find myself hurrying! I don't let him have cappuccino flavor, which is one of my favorites, and he really doesn't understand "not for kitties".

Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Nimbus likes butter. Do all cats like butter?

Usually when I'm eating dinner, Nimbus comes and sits politely by me, with one paw stretched out touching my leg, just to remind me that he's there and would like a bite when I get a chance. I offered him a bite of my steak last night, but he wasn't interested. So I got a tiny dab of butter on one finger and let him taste that...he got very excited about it. Sat up to look and see if there might be more on the plate and started to reach a paw out...I told him "No!" and he laid back down, to wait for the next bit which of course I provided. I don't mind sharing with him but I insist on good manners. I had a cat once who liked to try and take food from people, and I don't want a pet that is all up in my meals.

He only got a little bit of butter, I imagine it's not very good for him, but it sure was a treat!

Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM

41,947 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I used to stick a dab of butter on Bear's nose - it helped with his furball problem. The first time I did it, the spouse yelled: "Why are you buttering my cat?"

My sister's cat devoured a half a stick of butter - she hopped up on the counter and dislodged the lid to the butter dish, and chomped away. Crazy.

My cats are indifferent.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Nimbus likes butter. Do all cats like butter?

Usually when I'm eating dinner, Nimbus comes and sits politely by me, with one paw stretched out touching my leg, just to remind me that he's there and would like a bite when I get a chance. I offered him a bite of my steak last night, but he wasn't interested. So I got a tiny dab of butter on one finger and let him taste that...he got very excited about it. Sat up to look and see if there might be more on the plate and started to reach a paw out...I told him "No!" and he laid back down, to wait for the next bit which of course I provided. I don't mind sharing with him but I insist on good manners. I had a cat once who liked to try and take food from people, and I don't want a pet that is all up in my meals.

He only got a little bit of butter, I imagine it's not very good for him, but it sure was a treat!
My girl Angel loves the stuff, and I let her have a little dab once in a while. Not too often though.... like you, I'm not sure it's very good for her.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:30 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
We got a new kitty, but she has really become my kitty. Her name is Karliah and she loves to talk!
Congratulations on the new family member.
Beautiful cat. You'll enjoy your conversations with her, and if she's anything like the chatty one we had years ago, she'll always have to have the last word.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:57 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,228,525 times
I don't think I've posted any kitty pictures here though I have a folder started. It's tricky because this is a new laptop, and I can't edit pictures as I could before. This is progress?! Oh well...

First up is our long-gone Taber the Space Cadet. He was a kitty who went from cavorting CatOlympian to neurotic for no reason that we could tell. He's the first and only cat we've had who "blew his coat", as the veterinarian called it. From his waist back: NO FUR! It did grow back, but he was funny-looking during the BC period. I wish I'd taken pictures. In this one, we used to have the bathroom window open, and he learned to time his leap for when the towel-curtains blew open. Then, he'd hide till deciding to emerge. It was remarkable to catch him in the final act.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,228,525 times
Here are two others no longer with us: Precious and Tigger. That's Precious' favorite toy Tiger between them. They're lying on the former plant table in front of the dining room window. At one point, the cats decided it was THEIR window for watching squirrels, birds and free cats. It's joy of joys when we opened the window and still is for a new generation of cats and kittens=}

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats