Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2010, 02:28 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times

Advertisements

And a wink from my mother's cat, Jasmine...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 10:44 AM

672 posts, read 5,093,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And a wink from my mother's cat, Jasmine...

So preeeeettyyyyyy. Abyssinan?

Old 06-20-2010, 12:03 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
So preeeeettyyyyyy. Abyssinan?
Yes, she's a Blue Abyssinian... my mom also has a red named Ginger, and we've had 6-7 Abys in the past. Great breed, although a little hyper for my taste.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:26 AM

672 posts, read 5,093,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, she's a Blue Abyssinian... my mom also has a red named Ginger, and we've had 6-7 Abys in the past. Great breed, although a little hyper for my taste.
I think you should post some pics of Ginger as well This breed is very charming looking. I've seen some at cat shows, but I'm not very familiar with their personality.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:38 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,528 times
Leo!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:21 PM

364 posts, read 448,095 times
Hello everyone!

I'm new around here, but just wanted to say hello! I've been reading the forum for a little while now, and thought I would join up & introduce myself & give you all some back ground. My name is Chelle, but signed up as TsMomma, in memory of my sweet cat T!!

This past December 11, 2009, I had to have my very special boy T, pts. (the worst day of my life!) He was almost 19 years old. it was due to his older age, and a tumor like thing, that broke threw his skin, on his left shoulder blade area. I miss him SOOOOO much!! He was my everything!!! He was a Siamese Lynx Point, that I adopted from the animal humane society, when he was just around 6 weeks old, back in 1991.

Here's a picture of T, in his younger days:

After T made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge, our home felt sooo empty, so my hubby and I went to the shelter, on December 22, 2009, to see if we could help another furbaby find it's furever home! this sweet little 2 & 1/2 year old girl, named Pumpkin, chose us!

This is Pumpkin, while we were at the AHS, on my hubby's shoulders! How could we NOT take her home??!! She's a dsh, calico colored.

Then, in January 2010, I was looking at the Animal Humane Society's website, and saw a boy kitty, that looked SOOO much like my Sweet boy T, that I went to the shelter after work that day, and put him on hold for us! (He had just been neutured that day, so he couldn't come home with us until the next day.) So the next day, January 13, 2010, we went back & picked him up! A very sweet & loving boy of almost 7 months old, named "Fat Boy", which we change to Harley, as he wasn't fat by any means!! haha!! He is a Siamese Lynx Point, too!

Here's Harley after we got him home:

Harley & Pumpkin both get along very well together! Thank goodness, as I was worried that they may not, but they've become the best of friends!!

So that's a little bit of background on me & my kits! this seems like a very informative place with a great group of people here!

Chelle

Last edited by TsMomma; 06-20-2010 at 05:33 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMomma View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm new around here, but just wanted to say hello! I've been reading the forum for a little while now, and thought I would join up & introduce myself & give you all some back ground. My name is Chelle, but signed up as TsMomma, in memory of my sweet cat T!!

This past December 11, 2009, I had to have my very special boy T, pts. (the worst day of my life!) He was almost 19 years old. it was due to his older age, and a tumor like thing, that broke threw his skin, on his left shoulder blade area. I miss him SOOOOO much!! He was my everything!!! He was a Siamese Lynx Point, that I adopted from the animal humane society, when he was just around 6 weeks old, back in 1991.

Here's a picture of T, in his younger days:

After T made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge, our home felt sooo empty, so my hubby and I went to the shelter, on December 22, 2009, to see if we could help another furbaby find it's furever home! this sweet little 2 & 1/2 year old girl, named Pumpkin, chose us!

This is Pumpkin, while we were at the AHS, on my hubby's shoulders! How could we NOT take her home??!! She's a dsh, calico colored.

Then, in January 2010, I was looking at the Animal Humane Society's website, and saw a boy kitty, that looked SOOO much like my Sweet boy T, that I went to the shelter after work that day, and put him on hold for us! (He had just been neutured that day, so he couldn't come home with us until the next day.) So the next day, January 13, 2010, we went back & picked him up! A very sweet & loving boy of almost 7 months old, named "Fat Boy", which we change to Harley, as he wasn't fat by any means!! haha!! He is a Siamese Lynx Point, too!

Here's Harley after we got him home:

Harley & Pumpkin both get along very well together! Thank goodness, as I was worried that they may not, but they've become the best of friends!!

So that's a little bit of background on me & my kits! this seems like a very informative place with a great group of people here!

Chelle
That is such a sweet story Chelle. They are going to make you very happy and are very lucky to have found such good parents.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM

5,650 posts, read 6,210,090 times
Welcome to the forum Chelle!! Your babies are simply beautiful!! Love the last pic particularly.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
What sweet kitties Chelle!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 PM

364 posts, read 448,095 times
Thank-You all, very much, for the warm welcome here!

I'm SOOO happy that we've found these 2 kitties, they've help ease the pain of losing T. Pumpkin is going to be 3 yrs old on Sept. 29th, and Harley just turned 1 yrs old on May 15th. They've never fought or hisses at each other since they've been here! maybe because Pumpkin had weened some kittens while she was in foster care before we got her, that she just kind of took on the motherly role to Harley. Who knows for sure, but they sure are fun to have around!!

Thanks agin for the warm welcome!!

Chelle

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats