Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2022, 01:24 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
How sweet. My neighbor implied to me that I do not play with my cats as much as she plays with her one cat. I reminded her that the best toy I could get my cat was another cat... ...

I have one I got as a kitten as she is 15 now. As a young kitty I have pictures of her actually "flying" off the walls. She would run around the house and create an actual tornado effect. Every piece of furniture I own has at least one scratch on it.

Don't forget to trim their nails every couple of weeks. I have a "Thundershirt" I put them in to clip their nails.

They let me live here (as long as I do all of the chores and pay all of the bills, etc., etc.). It's crazy that it's so worth it. I'd like to say more; but, I need to take them both to the vet for the pre dental bloodwork. An expensive few weeks with the cats $$$$$. My cats are the hole in my budget
I know exactly what you mean! I have to get both these babies "fixed" so to speak, for instance. UGH. My vet told me she can teach me how to trim their nails so I will take her up on this soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 06:17 PM

Ok so it's been several days, and time for an update! Beatrix and Benedict play fight all the time, unless they are collapsed and sleeping like they both are now. Benedict is a darling boy. I think I am going to leave my bedroom door open tonight and see if they come into the bedroom. I may regret that but at least I have nothing to do in particular tomorrow - at least no appointments. Here are the latest pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
kitties getting older ...-uselessness-1-beatrix.jpg   kitties getting older ...-benedict-june-20-2022.jpg  

Old 06-20-2022, 09:18 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ok so it's been several days, and time for an update! Beatrix and Benedict play fight all the time, unless they are collapsed and sleeping like they both are now. Benedict is a darling boy. I think I am going to leave my bedroom door open tonight and see if they come into the bedroom. I may regret that but at least I have nothing to do in particular tomorrow - at least no appointments. Here are the latest pictures:
What cuties! And one of these days, Beatrix will grow into her head.

By all means, let them in your bedroom! Snuggling and bonding, it's the cat's meow!

Old 06-21-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
What cuties! And one of these days, Beatrix will grow into her head.

By all means, let them in your bedroom! Snuggling and bonding, it's the cat's meow!

OK so I left the door open and they both came in and snooped around and all that good stuff but neither of them got up in the bed with me last night. Going to leave the door open again tonight and see what happens! Benedict has been super lovable today so we shall see.

Old 06-21-2022, 08:02 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
OK so I left the door open and they both came in and snooped around and all that good stuff but neither of them got up in the bed with me last night. Going to leave the door open again tonight and see what happens! Benedict has been super lovable today so we shall see.
Good good! Give them time! Here kitty kitty kitty! Come to momma!

Old 06-22-2022, 12:46 AM

7,595 posts, read 3,254,071 times
Quote:

They need to get a little bigger/older to sleep with you.... they're so little. My senior girl cat - I got her stairs as she has slept next to me for years. She's territorial though; so, won't let my orange tabby up there. She was here first and he's usually comes and goes anyways whereas I can sleep 10 hours and that girl kitty is still right there snuggling.

Those kitties are very cute. What a good idea! Rescuing kitties is just the best; they make the best, most lovable pets...

Old 06-22-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
They need to get a little bigger/older to sleep with you.... they're so little. My senior girl cat - I got her stairs as she has slept next to me for years. She's territorial though; so, won't let my orange tabby up there. She was here first and he's usually comes and goes anyways whereas I can sleep 10 hours and that girl kitty is still right there snuggling.

Those kitties are very cute. What a good idea! Rescuing kitties is just the best; they make the best, most lovable pets...
They have been super cute together today. They are finally eating out of the same large bowl, at the same time, so that's good. I think they are settling in together. And honestly, them bonding together is the most important thing to me.

They still aren't getting up in the bed with me at night, though they will get up there and be all cute and precious and wanting my attention during the day now - so there's hope! I think when it comes to sleeping, they prefer some space, from each other, me, anyone. That's OK.

They have both started snoozing in the evenings on my lap - one or the other, never both together - while I'm watching a movie.

Old 06-23-2022, 05:07 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Quote:
They have been super cute together today. They are finally eating out of the same large bowl, at the same time, so that's good. I think they are settling in together. And honestly, them bonding together is the most important thing to me.

They still aren't getting up in the bed with me at night, though they will get up there and be all cute and precious and wanting my attention during the day now - so there's hope! I think when it comes to sleeping, they prefer some space, from each other, me, anyone. That's OK.

They have both started snoozing in the evenings on my lap - one or the other, never both together - while I'm watching a movie.

I don't agree that's good. Cats are territorial about resources by nature and much prefer to have their own dish and own meal spot. Just because they do it doesn't mean they like it and it could lead to problems down the line.

Meal times are great times for bonding and letting each cat's own personality and quirkiness shine.

Each cat should have a meal spot to call his or her own.

Old 06-23-2022, 06:35 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I don't agree that's good. Cats are territorial about resources by nature and much prefer to have their own dish and own meal spot. Just because they do it doesn't mean they like it and it could lead to problems down the line.

Meal times are great times for bonding and letting each cat's own personality and quirkiness shine.

Each cat should have a meal spot to call his or her own.
Generally I would agree with you, but not all cats are that territorial about food (and that may be especially true for kittens that are raised together from a very young age). None of mine have ever been like that, and I've had a lot of cats over the past 3+ decades (it's 6 now).

KA, sounds like they are settling in just fine. That they're coming to snooze on your lap is a very good sign in terms of their "cuddliness," if that makes sense! I love all my kitties but the cuddly ones are just so special (and that's just one more reason I miss Eini and Hansel so much ).

More pictures, please!

Old 06-23-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Generally I would agree with you, but not all cats are that territorial about food (and that may be especially true for kittens that are raised together from a very young age). None of mine have ever been like that, and I've had a lot of cats over the past 3+ decades (it's 6 now).

KA, sounds like they are settling in just fine. That they're coming to snooze on your lap is a very good sign in terms of their "cuddliness," if that makes sense! I love all my kitties but the cuddly ones are just so special (and that's just one more reason I miss Eini and Hansel so much ).

More pictures, please!
Awww, thank you! I will take some pictures later! They are so cute!

So, they both slept with me last night. I found out that they wake up several times during the night and tussle and chase each other. Hmmmm....so, I may keep them out of my room at night. We'll see how tonight goes! In between the playing, they both slept cuddled up next to me, which was precious.

I agree about the food - they both seem 100 percent fine. Same with using the same litter box. I have read that sometimes cats want a different litter box and food bowl but sometimes they just don't.

I've had one cat at a time before but I haven't had two cats together before. I think that these were such small kittens when they joined my family that they are just used to having other kittens around. Bless their little kitty hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats