Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 06:31 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times

Advertisements

That's so awesome!!! Thanks for adopting her. She's going to bring you many years of happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 07:31 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,929,042 times
So happy for you! She is adorable and you've honored honored Electra by saving another life.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:33 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I wasn't too sure if I was ready to go to the Humane Society just yet but Hubby wanted to. We both knew if we went, we would be bringing home a new furbaby. He wanted to get a young cat because he knew the other two would take to a young-un better and he was also hoping for a black kitty because they are usual harder to place. We looked at the babies. There were two black ones that we looked at but one just didn't seem interested and the other was a definitely maybe but just not quite sure. Then we looked at a little calico. She was purring the entire time. So, we chose her. We did not set out to get another calico but we did. They called her Snickers and we knew we would change that. She is only 4 months old so changing the name wouldn't be too much of an issue. Since Hubby & I are big Harry Potter fans, I first suggested Hermione and then Minerva as a joke. Then Hubby said Luna. I thought about it for a while and she sort of looks like a Luna. So, Luna it is.

Since bringing her home, she has been exploring the house with Elvira at her heels. There hasn't been any animosity so I think things are going to be ok.

I still have that hole in my heart left by Electra but I think Luna (as well as Elvira & Josette) will help fill it.

Cat
Haha, look at that wonderful face, she just makes you smile ! You picked a winner there. You will always think of Electra, but time and a new loving kitty does help a lot...…….been there, done it.

And you saved another little life who will make you laugh and smile every day.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:55 AM

10,095 posts, read 6,441,828 times
I agree about her eyes being a real magnet, and then the purring clinching the deal. Congratulations on your new kitty, and I hope you all have long lives together!

Old 01-16-2020, 11:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,381,258 times
I always love it when there's a kitty lottery winner. Glad you felt the time was right and brought Luna home. Electra's leaving you, as sad as that is, made room for another deserving kitty and a chance at a good life.... as it should be. I hope things with Josette and Elvira continue to go well.

Oh yeah.... congrats on your new owner.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:10 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,287,006 times
Thank you, Everyone.

The first 24 hours: Luna seems to be a shadow. It is like everywhere I go, she is under foot. I must have stepped on her a few times already. When I went downstairs last night for dinner, she didn't follow and I wondered if she could maneuver the stairs because I'm sure this was her first encounter with them. Hubby went to check it out and he informed me that she could manage the stairs.

She was playing with the wands that we have that the other two have not really bothered with for so long now. It seemed like Elvira wanted to join in. Elvira has been watching her and seems to really like her. I think they are going to be friends.

Last night when it was time for bed, again, I thought that maybe she couldn't get up because our bed is a bit high so I put her on it and she didn't stay and left only to jump up again. Ok, she CAN get up on her own. That's good. I woke up in the middle of the night for my "nightly walk." I felt a cat at me feet thinking it was Josette because there is where she usually sleeps. When I sat up and petted her, it was Luna. Ok. Where was Josette?

This morning when I got up, Luna led the "morning parade" down the stairs. Josette was still no where in sight. I brought out the "ball in the ring" toys that the other two lost interest in years ago. She loved it and was playing with them for a long time-which Elvira watching. But, where was Josette?

FINALLY Josette emerged. Don't where she was. I think she might be a little miffed that she is no longer the baby of the family. But, she will get over it. She did come up to me like she normally does and at the moment she is on the bed-her usual place. I'm sure she will come around eventually. I just hope the two of them will become friends. Yes, I have been giving Josette lots of cuddles. And Elvira has been dominating my lap.

I know that Luna peed & pooped in the box, and she ate & drank. Hubby said that she sat on his lap a few times already today. He said that she tried to get up but couldn't on her own so he helped her. She hasn't sat in my lap-YET. I really do believe she is going to be a perfect fit to our family.

Cat

Old 01-16-2020, 01:38 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,929,042 times
All things considered, Luna seems to be fitting in nicely! Clearly, she was meant to be with your family. And I'm sure that Josette will come around. Change is hard for some cats.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:43 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,068,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I wasn't too sure if I was ready to go to the Humane Society just yet but Hubby wanted to. We both knew if we went, we would be bringing home a new furbaby. He wanted to get a young cat because he knew the other two would take to a young-un better and he was also hoping for a black kitty because they are usual harder to place. We looked at the babies. There were two black ones that we looked at but one just didn't seem interested and the other was a definitely maybe but just not quite sure. Then we looked at a little calico. She was purring the entire time. So, we chose her. We did not set out to get another calico but we did. They called her Snickers and we knew we would change that. She is only 4 months old so changing the name wouldn't be too much of an issue. Since Hubby & I are big Harry Potter fans, I first suggested Hermione and then Minerva as a joke. Then Hubby said Luna. I thought about it for a while and she sort of looks like a Luna. So, Luna it is.

Since bringing her home, she has been exploring the house with Elvira at her heels. There hasn't been any animosity so I think things are going to be ok.

I still have that hole in my heart left by Electra but I think Luna (as well as Elvira & Josette) will help fill it.

Cat
She's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Old 01-17-2020, 04:46 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,525,082 times
She looks, and sounds, like a lovely cat, and it does seem she's fitting in very well. I know she'll have a wonderful life with you.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:48 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,357,961 times
Concatulations! You and Luna are both very lucky to have found each other. Blessings for many years of love together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats