Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 01:00 PM

6,364 posts, read 4,193,409 times

Advertisements

Cat food is a major purchase for us since we feed 5 strays at least 2 times a day and often more times since a few of them will beg for more occasionally in the evening.

Between Petco and the grocery store, we’re constantly dealing with canvas bag full of canned food and we have been told that Chewy is very economical even when delivered.

Can anyone attest to this? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 01:02 PM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
We have been using Chewy's for years.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
We have been using Chewy's for years.
Yes, but wondering how the cost compares?

Old 09-30-2019, 01:52 PM

2,349 posts, read 614,996 times
We use Chewy's for our 2 cats and dog.

Old 09-30-2019, 02:33 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
Regarding prices, simply do side by side comparisons when you shop and order from whichever store has the better price or promotion on the day of your purchase.

Chewy is owned by Petsmart now (2017), if that matters to you.

Chewy's superior customer service hasn't deteriorated (yet) since the take over, but I can't speak for Petco's customer service having never used them.

Old 09-30-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Regarding prices, simply do side by side comparisons when you shop and order from whichever store has the better price or promotion on the day of your purchase.

Chewy is owned by Petsmart now (2017), if that matters to you.

Chewy's superior customer service hasn't deteriorated (yet) since the take over, but I can't speak for Petco's customer service having never used them.
Interesting, thank you❗️

Old 09-30-2019, 02:42 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
I get Chewy coupons in my email, I must check it out now. OP have you looked for a TNR in your area, becasue otherwise, you may be feeding 40 cats in 6 months & a 100+ in a year. They can multiply very fast, TNR is a good way to go (IMO)

When we were feeding ferals & strays, Moma used to bing the kittens with her, to show them the food source aghhhhh so we were very lucky that our county gave out vouchers for free neutering, we had to request & wait for them, but it was worth it to stem the flow of kittens, who face a bleak life. But some humane societies will offer it also or a rescue group.

Old 09-30-2019, 02:48 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Cat food is a major purchase for us since we feed 5 strays at least 2 times a day and often more times since a few of them will beg for more occasionally in the evening
Between Petco and the grocery store, we’re constantly dealing with canvas bag full of canned food and we have been told that Chewy is very economical even when delivered.

Can anyone attest to this? Thanks

Yes, I order from Chewy 90% of the time; and the rest of the time I go over to PetSmart when her 'stock' is running low. That's for both the litter and canned food. Their delivery service is excellent, they confirm everything before they ship, and since I always order more than $50+ worth, there are no shipping charges. Of course, there is the occasional toy that Miss BeBe chooses from their catalog as well. This way we get a box big enough so she thinks it is her play house.

Old 09-30-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I get Chewy coupons in my email, I must check it out now. OP have you looked for a TNR in your area, becasue otherwise, you may be feeding 40 cats in 6 months & a 100+ in a year. They can multiply very fast, TNR is a good way to go (IMO)

When we were feeding ferals & strays, Moma used to bing the kittens with her, to show them the food source aghhhhh so we were very lucky that our county gave out vouchers for free neutering, we had to request & wait for them, but it was worth it to stem the flow of kittens, who face a bleak life. But some humane societies will offer it also or a rescue group.
Not sure what TNR stands for, however, we have one cat and all strays in the area soon learn we are cat friendly and they get fed and protected. I’ve personally trapped 7 of them, brought them to the local shelter and had them all neutered along with two of them that were carrying at the time. Two of them were hit by cars and I had to bury them, so now we’re down to five.

The wife feeds them as often as they like and two hang out in beds at our front door while the others hang out on the deck chairs and sleep in pet beds that we provided. Their sharing our modest retirement income with us!

Old 09-30-2019, 03:32 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Not sure what TNR stands for, however, we have one cat and all strays in the area soon learn we are cat friendly and they get fed and protected. I’ve personally trapped 7 of them, brought them to the local shelter and had them all neutered along with two of them that were carrying at the time. Two of them were hit by cars and I had to bury them, so now we’re down to five.

The wife feeds them as often as they like and two hang out in beds at our front door while the others hang out on the deck chairs and sleep in pet beds that we provided. Their sharing our modest retirement income with us!

Sorry, TNR is trap neuter, release. We neutered about 30 cats, it was great not to have kittens arriving every month. I am so glad you have managed to neuter so many of them, & thank you for making their life better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats