Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 4,536 times

Advertisements

Tandyman you need to check your facts. British Columbia is a Canadian Province but yes it does have a Supreme Court. Those crazy canucks have a different system to us!

The Courts of British Columbia - Home

"The Supreme Court is the superior trial court for the province and hears both civil and criminal cases, as well as some appeals from the Provincial Court."

I don't have a dog and so I don't really give two hoots, but from what I can see, canadvet.com is the ligit company and canacreek the fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 12:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,536 times
forgot to add, the security seals on canacreek.com are frauds too. click on the trustwave seal and it says that the site is not recognised.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times
I buy from pet products on the web. It's the best price I have found. I get the 12 months supply because I have so many cats. My daughter recently bought a spray on Frontline Plus. It is less money and works faster. One spray for each pound of cat.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
At the monthly feral cat clinic where we dose 75 to 100 cats we do not use the individual cat packages - it is far too costly. We use the largest packages available, the one's for dogs 89-132 lbs. It is the exact same product for both dogs and cats.These contain 4.1 ml. Dosage for a cat is 0.5 ml so we get 8 doses from one tube. All you need is a 1 ml syringe and needle to draw it up. Remove needle and use syringe tip just like the applicator tip on the single dose packages. If you were to by the 6 pack for extra large dogs from the Austrailian company mentioned the current cost is 59.90. That would give you 48 doses for 1 cat so the cost would be $1.25 per dose. If you're paying $87.00 at the vet for 6 cat doses that's $14.50 per dose. You do the math. That's a lot of money to pay for the convenience of single dose packages. So even if you bought the 6 pack for extra large dogs from you vet you'd save a heck of a lot.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:00 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
hhhhmmmmm ... i'm heading to bc to visit a friend in a couple of weeks.... wonder if i can bring some back for bailey-dog and charlie and max kitties.....

have checked out all websites in this thread .... deadfleaz has the best prices, with petsupplies.net a close second.

LOVE the shipping charges for deadfleaz too!! $6.75!!! from OZ!!!!! costs more than than to send a magazine or cd........

Last edited by latetotheparty; 06-21-2009 at 12:36 PM..

Old 06-21-2009, 01:58 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times
I don't buy from overseas companies - I've heard some horror stories. I've got 26 dogs at home right now, but 8 are too young for Frontline. However, the ones that are old enough are dosed every 3 weeks instead of four, as battling the little buggers when you have so many is even harder.

If I had to buy dosages by the individual I'd spend a fortune. Instead my vet gave me the breakdown for Frontline so I buy the largest dose and break it down to the individual size. I still spend $120 every 3 weeks, but it's better than the many hundreds I'd spend if I were buying that way.

Breakdown, by weight (pounds)

0-22 pounds .67 mL
23-44 pounds 1.34 mL
45-88 pounds 2.68 mL
89 pounds and over, a single tube dose

Just in case anyone else needs to save some pennies.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 AM

8 posts, read 27,030 times
Lawtalkingdude, why did you register a user profile just to comment on this post if you don't have any pets? And why do you use British English spelling ("recognised") and not American English yet you say "we" as if you're an American? Are you connected to CanadaVet in any way? Are you from the British Virgin Islands, or maybe Australia, where my CanadaVet support email replies came from? (Excuse me if I'm wrong, you did make a couple of other spelling mistakes so maybe you're just sloppy.)

If I'm off base please tell me so, or we can get the admins to check your IP address and prove that you're not related to those guys. (For that matter they can check mine and tell you where I'm posting from!)

At any rate, if you're a legal expert, you'd know that pursuing legal action doesn't imply that that party is right, until something is proven in a court of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats