Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 05:30 PM

446 posts, read 396,833 times

Advertisements

Is a single (twin) bed big enough for one average-size adult human and one average-size adult cat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 05:46 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia Calico View Post
Is a single (twin) bed big enough for one average-size adult human and one average-size adult cat?
That depends on how close to you your cat likes to be. If the cat likes to be touching you, or on you during sleep, then the smaller bed might do. Otherwise you might want to go with the larger version.
It's probably a matter of personal comfort & preference. If it were me I would opt for the full bed.

I have a queen size bed, and I'm not a large person, so there is more than enough room for myself & my 2 cats to sleep comfortably. Problem is, the heaviest one must be curled up against my legs, or on my feet, or she just isn't happy. So I struggle to find a comfortable position on the edge of the bed, while the other 2/3 of the bed remains empty.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:52 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Better go for double....they have a way of stretching out and leaving you on the edge of the bed...

Old 09-24-2018, 06:09 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
I got an XL twin (eventually this will be a guest bed when I get the main bedroom remodeled) and my kitty has learned to sleep at the bottom of it. That works out because I'm short enough to use a regular twin bed, but I got the XL twin with the sleeping cat problem in mind, plus most of my guests are over 6' tall.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:09 PM

446 posts, read 396,833 times
Yes, they sure do. We have had queen beds for years now (for some of those years there were 3 of us, me and 2 cats; the old one died last year), but I have been wanting to get rid of this old bed for awhile now. And I am tired of washing those huge sheets (and paying for them).

Old 09-24-2018, 06:55 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Miss BeBe decides which side she likes best when her queenly self 'arrives' -- at which point I have to switch both remotes and the phone to the other side. Too bad I can't switch the bathroom to the other side.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:49 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
I would definitely go for the full sized.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:46 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That depends on how close to you your cat likes to be. If the cat likes to be touching you, or on you during sleep, then the smaller bed might do. Otherwise you might want to go with the larger version.
It's probably a matter of personal comfort & preference. If it were me I would opt for the full bed.

I have a queen size bed, and I'm not a large person, so there is more than enough room for myself & my 2 cats to sleep comfortably. Problem is, the heaviest one must be curled up against my legs, or on my feet, or she just isn't happy. So I struggle to find a comfortable position on the edge of the bed, while the other 2/3 of the bed remains empty.

Mine have laid claim to the end of the bed. They create this interesting weave of cat fur which purrs contentedly at first, and will eventually move closer. If its cold you wake up with most of them snuggling under the blanket. Boy also makes it his business to give you a full dose of purrs, and likes to lay near your ear and sooth away. When they go to sleep they'll hold onto the blanket if you try to move.

If the dogs are not in the room, the cat carpet will move up and use you as their warmth source and its this wonderful feeling of being one with them when you wake. Getting up? Cats are very good at reparing any gaps in the force to make sure you are a good warm and obedient and their human obeys back.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:19 AM

457 posts, read 497,160 times
I'd say bigger is better.
It doesn't matter what size bed I have - Rusty is a bed hog.
He usually has to be touching me, too - which is sweet, but annoying.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia Calico View Post

Haha, I have a queen sized bed and I still have to squeeze in between Lucky and Daisy at night. They spread out and I have to find a spot where I do not disturb them. They also love to drape themselves over my legs, so movement at night is a little restricted.

But I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats