Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 PM

786 posts, read 1,595,676 times

Advertisements

I admit I'm a softy when it comes to our "girls", but once again, our feral very quickly went into a state of depression when her daddy left on a family trip, her eyes tell the story, she won't eat, I cleaned their litter boxes after work and there was hardly anything there, and it makes me nuts. I stayed home to avoid kenneling. She won't let me comfort her, she bites and scratches me, always has, he's her daddy, I don't know who I am to her, despite the fact that I rescued her from under a guardrail on a walk one day. Our other girl is OK and happy to see me come home tonight but also disturbed by her "sisters" behaviors. I know there's nothing anybody can do but it makes me very emotional to see "Smoke" in so much emotional pain, I know her face and she is so sad it makes me crazy. I can't imagine having human children and getting divorced and watching their sadness, I would die for sure. I would like to wear a T-shirt that says "People Suck" and see my patients and get their reaction, because it seems that the trend is "everyday is a new day" and love and respect for life has been lost. There are so many people that have so many blessings of family and friends, and they totally disregard it. I have a very supportive family, had great parents, have a great career, but. . . I can't talk to my friends or family about my love for my cats, they would laugh at me, so anybody who understands, I'll be checking any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 07:44 PM

157 posts, read 588,383 times
oh thats sad.....ya have to be a cat lover to understand!!!
do you have a recently worn shirt or anything from daddy that she could snuggle with? anything with his scent on to give her some reassurance, you can even hold the phone to her ear and let him say a few words to her....poor baby

Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM

Good idea, I put some of his "dirty" clothes on the bed and guess where she's laying? So hopefully she's getting some comfort out of it.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:33 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,015,359 times
When one of us are not there the cats don't seem to care. They'll go to either one of us when it's feeding time. They do have preferences though. Phaedra is a daddy's girl. Zebulon clearly favors me and Zephyr goes to both of us. I don't think she has a favorite.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:10 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,545,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd2401 View Post
I can't talk to my friends or family about my love for my cats, they would laugh at me, so anybody who understands, I'll be checking any responses.
That is what we are here for! We understand.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 PM

I love this blog, because honestly many of the other blogs on City-Data are cantankerous and downright rude. I took some more advice and called Smoke's daddy and discovered for the first time that our phone has a speaker feature [yes, I'm electronically illiterate], so I pushed the speaker buttom and asked him to call Smoke, down the hall she came, after being in bed all day, she perked right up, rolled over on her back, grazed her face on the phone stand and seemed to feel much better, she then played with "Da-Bird" with me until her usual wear-out time, and is now flopped happily in our living room, still isn't eating but daddy is coming home Monday so she'll survive, thanks so much for the support.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 AM

Default Bad Kitty

So the gloves are off, sad kitty knocked a vintage lamp off my dresser last night, scared me too death, and then it was hours trying to clean up the glass, she's continuing to be a brat today, thank goodness her daddy is coming home tomorrow, I'm going to throw both of them in the creek today, if they survive and are able to make it back up to the house, I'll have animal court and decide if they are allowed to return to their freakin' wonderful lives. Who knows what's going to happen tonight! Ash is lurking acting remorseful, not buying it.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,545,878 times
Make sure you let your honey know what his cat did while he was gone. Just like kids, when they are bad, they are not ours!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd2401 View Post
I admit I'm a softy when it comes to our "girls", but once again, our feral very quickly went into a state of depression when her daddy left on a family trip, her eyes tell the story, she won't eat, I cleaned their litter boxes after work and there was hardly anything there, and it makes me nuts. I stayed home to avoid kenneling. She won't let me comfort her, she bites and scratches me, always has, he's her daddy, I don't know who I am to her, despite the fact that I rescued her from under a guardrail on a walk one day. Our other girl is OK and happy to see me come home tonight but also disturbed by her "sisters" behaviors. I know there's nothing anybody can do but it makes me very emotional to see "Smoke" in so much emotional pain, I know her face and she is so sad it makes me crazy. I can't imagine having human children and getting divorced and watching their sadness, I would die for sure. I would like to wear a T-shirt that says "People Suck" and see my patients and get their reaction, because it seems that the trend is "everyday is a new day" and love and respect for life has been lost. There are so many people that have so many blessings of family and friends, and they totally disregard it. I have a very supportive family, had great parents, have a great career, but. . . I can't talk to my friends or family about my love for my cats, they would laugh at me, so anybody who understands, I'll be checking any responses.
both dogs and cats can get very sad when big dog or big cat daddy isnt around. As for talking to family, luckily you can come here and talk to all of us posters. My husband absolutely loves all animals: if his parents were still living they would think he was a little nutty. I was raised with dogs and cats, my dad and mom loved both, especially dogs. My husband grew up in a home where animals were only for work, like cats to catch gophers for instance. So you can understand how they would look at him. He has a pet sitting business which is as busy as he would ever want it to be at our age. Everyone knows how much he loves the little 4 legged babies.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats