Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:19 AM

575 posts, read 1,996,787 times

Advertisements

If there is no poison in a "rabies" or any other vaccine then how do you explain vaccine related sarcoma? How do you explain the reformulation of said vaccine for safety to the non-adjuvant version?
I would have to disagree with you that what we are injecting our animals with that then in turn causes CANCER would have to be a poison.

I also would have to say that I believe that a lot of the fact that the decline and irradiation of canine rabies JUST MIGHT have something to do with the fact that we are treating wildlife with rabies preventative and that our canines have less exposure to said wildlife as they are not running loose as in the past 25-50 years.

Definition of Poison according to Miriam Webster : If you read I think you will find my classification of the rabies vaccination (intended to inhibit an animal from getting rabies and is arguable harming the recipients in the process) to be correct.

a : a substance that through its chemical action usually kills, injures, or impairs an organism b (1) : something destructive or harmful (2) : an object of aversion or abhorrence
: a substance that inhibits the activity of another substance or the course of a reaction or process
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 03:47 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,861 times
This is the Only thing I know so far in regards to vaccinations, and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere unless I missed it when my eyes glazed over. lol

Titer Test? Before revaccination or booster to determine antibodies.

I don't even think it is controversial, just need a vet that is up on new best practices.

Really, check it out. From many different sources. I didn't go in depth because I still other more pressing concerns. And I don't have a cat at the moment. What is the down side to a blood test first if one was already prepared to use a needle to vaccinate.

On Topic: something, something immune system!

Hope this is helpful.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,997,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom4 View Post
If there is no poison in a "rabies" or any other vaccine then how do you explain vaccine related sarcoma? How do you explain the reformulation of said vaccine for safety to the non-adjuvant version?
What "poison" did they add to give our cats cancer? Rat poison? Cat poison?

A lot of things can cause cancer, and cancer many times appears without a cause. No reason can be found for it's appearance. What would you have us do, stop vaccinating our cats because a few developed cancer from the vaccine? Go back to the old days when many times that number will die horrible deaths from NOT be vaccinated? Would THAT make you satisfied? Vaccines are not perfect but they've kept millions of cats, dogs, horses and people alive by protecting them from deadly disease.

Quote:
I would have to disagree with you that what we are injecting our animals with that then in turn causes CANCER would have to be a poison.
Only to those who don't understand what vaccines are.

Quote:
I also would have to say that I believe that a lot of the fact that the decline and irradiation of canine rabies JUST MIGHT have something to do with the fact that we are treating wildlife with rabies preventative and that our canines have less exposure to said wildlife as they are not running loose as in the past 25-50 years.
I don't know what planet you live on but inconsiderate dog and cat owners allow their pets free run everywhere I've lived in my life. Every neighborhood in both states. Dogs are free of rabies because they're vaccinated, not because in a few places wildlife is "treated" for this deadly disease.

Quote:
Definition of Poison according to Miriam Webster : If you read I think you will find my classification of the rabies vaccination (intended to inhibit an animal from getting rabies and is arguable harming the recipients in the process) to be correct.
How many are being harmed per 1000 vaccinated? You made the statement so you know the numbers.

Quote:
a
Quote:
: a substance that through its chemical action usually kills, injures, or impairs an organism b (1) : something destructive or harmful (2) : an object of aversion or abhorrence
: a substance that inhibits the activity of another substance or the course of a reaction or process
The above also applies to salt, alcoholic drinks, high fat and high carb diets, risky sex etc. etc. etc.

No stop avoiding the question. Would you have us go back to the days when thousands of cats and dogs died weekly in the USA from things like Parvo and Panlukopenia? When vet techs got to see the wreckage of what these horrible diseases did to unvaccinated animals? Is that what you want?

Old 07-05-2011, 05:32 PM

575 posts, read 1,996,787 times
Quote:
After the kitten series and the follow up booster I do not give any more vaccines. I believe in a few years a titer can be drawn and if needed a new booster given. In most cases you will find your vaccine to still be effective.
Yes, titers were mentioned - this relates to "on topic" as to over vaccination prevention and the overloading of the immune system.

And you are correct - It's gotten off topic - My apologies in my contribution to that.

I know my vet supports a titer draw - anyone else have luck with that? All my cats are fairly young and as of yet I have not had a need to do this. I do know it can run about the same $ as a vaccine but that's sort of not the point in my opinion. I don't choose to not vaccinate as a money issue.

Does anyone know if states will take a titer draw in place of an actual rabies vaccine? Might be worth finding out??

I also know that IF you are going to vaccinate many people recommend you wait at least 2 weeks between vaccines as to not overload the immune system.

As for Kitties comments: I do know statistics, I do know what they add to vaccines as I HAVE had Vet Tech TRAINING I HAVE seen the wreckage caused by disease AND VACCINE RELATED SARCOMA AND REACTION. Please do not presume what I do and do not know. Do not presume that I am ignorant. The more you speak - the more you seem so yourself, therefore I am finished responding to you.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,685,783 times
Quote:
Does anyone know if states will take a titer draw in place of an actual rabies vaccine? Might be worth finding out??
I think Hawaii is the only state that has a mandatory vaccination And Titer testing for animals coming into the state.

The test and protocal was developed to ensure the most reliable rabies testing and in the end, it still requires two vacines given in a specific date range along with a blood draw in a specific time period. A titer test along without the vaccines couldn't pass the testing.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,997,451 times
Quote:
Y
I also know that IF you are going to vaccinate many people recommend you wait at least 2 weeks between vaccines as to not overload the immune system.

As for Kitties comments: I do know statistics,
Apparently not since you didn't produce them. I can't recall one cancer caused by a vaccination in all the years I worked in the animal hosp.

Quote:
I do know what they add to vaccines as I HAVE had Vet Tech TRAINING I HAVE seen the wreckage caused by disease AND VACCINE RELATED SARCOMA AND REACTION.
Then tell us what poison in added that's causing all these sarcomas.

Quote:
Please do not presume what I do and do not know. Do not presume that I am ignorant. The more you speak - the more you seem so yourself, therefore I am finished responding to you.
Again you ignored the question if you would like us to go back to the old days before vaccines and have thousands of cats and dogs die of once deadly contagious diseases.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:33 PM
kxc

1 posts, read 1,027 times
My cat died from receiving vaccinations. I brought him in for a general check-up and the vet came back with an outstanding health report. Three different vaccines were administered. Within two hours, my cat was lying on the floor and was having trouble breathing. I rushed him back to the vet. He was in anaphylactic shock from the vaccines. He was put on oxygen and fluids. I was allowed to take him home, but he later passed out in my arms. I went to an emergency animal facility where different treatments and interventions were attempted, including two blood transfusions. Technically, he had survived the anaphylactic shock but the anaphylaxis had wreaked incredible damage to his body systems. Basically, he was slowly dying over the course of 2 days and $4,000. The emergency vet was a friend of mine and allowed me to stay in the medical room with him 24/7. My cat was miserable and struggling to live. It was heartbreaking. When I was told that his blood vessels had collapsed and he was going into renal failure, I euthanized him. Looking back, I wouldn't have given him vaccines. He didn't go outside much. If he had come into contact with a feline disease, I don't see how that death could have been worse than how he actually died. He was my first pet from when I was a teenager. And he would likely still be here today had I not vaccinated him. If your cat doesn't come into contact with other cats very often, I wouldn't recommend you vaccinate. It's a horrible and tragic way for your pet to die.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,852,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxc View Post
My cat died from receiving vaccinations. I brought him in for a general check-up and the vet came back with an outstanding health report. Three different vaccines were administered. Within two hours, my cat was lying on the floor and was having trouble breathing. I rushed him back to the vet. He was in anaphylactic shock from the vaccines. He was put on oxygen and fluids. I was allowed to take him home, but he later passed out in my arms. I went to an emergency animal facility where different treatments and interventions were attempted, including two blood transfusions. Technically, he had survived the anaphylactic shock but the anaphylaxis had wreaked incredible damage to his body systems. Basically, he was slowly dying over the course of 2 days and $4,000. The emergency vet was a friend of mine and allowed me to stay in the medical room with him 24/7. My cat was miserable and struggling to live. It was heartbreaking. When I was told that his blood vessels had collapsed and he was going into renal failure, I euthanized him. Looking back, I wouldn't have given him vaccines. He didn't go outside much. If he had come into contact with a feline disease, I don't see how that death could have been worse than how he actually died. He was my first pet from when I was a teenager. And he would likely still be here today had I not vaccinated him. If your cat doesn't come into contact with other cats very often, I wouldn't recommend you vaccinate. It's a horrible and tragic way for your pet to die.

I am very, very sorry for your loss, Kxc, sincerely.

It is important to remember that the risk of severe reaction from a vaccine is somewhere between 1-4%. I know that doesn't help your pain when your cat fell into that small percentage, but often times the risk of diseases can be much higher.

That said, I do agree that it depends on circumstances. I think kittens should receive the initial series, and from there the vaccine schedule (if any) should depend on the individual circumstances of the pet and owner. I have a cat myself who had a severe reaction to a rabies vaccine and was at risk of losing his leg. He is no longer vaccinated, for obvious reasons. I also made the choice not to vaccinate our other cat, as she is indoor only and her exposure risk was very low.

Thankfully, many vets are moving away from recommending yearly vaccines and I expect that trend to continue.

Again, my sympathies.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:08 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I know someone who had a rabid raccoon in her back yard this week. And I have a friend in a southern state where rabies is rampant. Rabies is alive and well in the wildlife here where I live, too. Leave my cats unprotected? Not a chance.

I take my cats to the vet for well checks every six months.

Why are people so against vets making a living?
If you ask your vets, none of the vaccinations including rabies are guaranteed effective. Don't kid yourself.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:43 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxc View Post
I am SO sorry for your loss and I FEEL your pain. I went thru the same sort of thing when I brought my 18 year old cat (posted about on this thread a few years ago) in for breathing difficulties. I had adopted him when he was 3 and he'd then already had Feline Urologic Syndrome FUS which I got rid of using a natural raw diet and occasional vitamins and herbs and homeopathics. He was healthy until I moved to another part of the country. The vet recommended a Rabies vaccine so he'd be current with the new state laws.

Having been on such a clean diet for most of his life, he did NOT respond well to the Rabies Vaccine. He developed a seizure disorder in fact. Herbs and diet kept him nearly symptom free . Then the ONE TIME CONVENTIONAL MEDICINE (like some antibiotics) COULD HAVE HELPED... as luck would have it... I brought him to an incompetent vet recommended by a neighbor who didn't even suggest that. They first told me he just seemed like a" nervous cat". We were there for hours, My cat, needless to say, was overly stressed and supposedly bit a vet tech. He was an indoor cat with no signs of Rabies. Yet they called the County on me and they quarantined my cat for 10 DAYS in my house. He wasn't supposed to leave the house.

Meanwhile his breathing problem had not been addressed. His breathing got worse and worse. It was the worst four days I've ever lived through! What happens if a pet doesn't survive the quarantine in this state is the law says the county decapitates the animal to check the brain for Rabies. I absolutely was NOT going to go along with that. It ended up costing me $300 more to pay for a pathologist to do a cosmetic autopsy so they could find out what he died from and what was going on in his body as well as give some of the brain to the county to check for Rabies. Guess what he died of? It was a lower respiratory infection that antibiotics if the vet had had a clue probably would have saved him and he'd be alive today and might have lived until he was 27! The whole orthodox"health care" scene( for both humans and animals and dumb laws or dumb vets/doctors/practitioners who don't know how to interpret them... really tics me off. I don't care what anyone says. As far as I'm concerned it IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Cats dogs and their owners are the gullible overly trusting victims of the system. People need to wake up and SEE what is going on and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for their own and their pets' health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats