Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the best province in Canada?
British Columbia 14 31.82%
Alberta 5 11.36%
Saskatchewan 2 4.55%
Manitoba 4 9.09%
Ontario 7 15.91%
Quebec 7 15.91%
New Brunswick 1 2.27%
Prince Edward Island 0 0%
Nova Scotia 2 4.55%
Newfoundland 0 0%
Yukon Territory 0 0%
Northwest Territories 0 0%
Nunavut 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:13 PM

10,753 posts, read 23,828,256 times

Advertisements

What is your favorite province in Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM

52 posts, read 223,885 times
British Columbia!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCities View Post
British Columbia!!!!!!!!!
Is Osoyoos in the Okanagan Valey? That part of BC is beautiful! I have a friend that grew up in Omak, WA just down the road.

- Anyway, its pretty hard to beat BC in terms of variety. Mountains, ocean, Vancouver, Victoria, semi-arid hills with vineyards, lakes, hot springs, world class ski resorts, and lots of beautiful islands. There is so much to do there.

2nd would be Quebec for its cultural charms. 3rd is Nova Scotia as I love the ocean up there.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 06-16-2010 at 05:25 PM..

Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 PM

701 posts, read 1,900,814 times
My vote goes to Ontario since it is 40% of Canada's economy, BC comes next for its beauty.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 PM

156 posts, read 391,236 times
BC is my favorite. I love the Okanagan! I also grew up there.

Alberta is #2... Its the place to be if you are looking for a high paying job.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
I like em all.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:01 PM

52 posts, read 223,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Is Osoyoos in the Okanagan Valey? That part of BC is beautiful! I have a friend that grew up in Omak, WA just down the road.

- Anyway, its pretty hard to beat BC in terms of variety. Mountains, ocean, Vancouver, Victoria, semi-arid hills with vineyards, lakes, hot springs, world class ski resorts, and lots of beautiful islands. There is so much to do there.

2nd would be Quebec for its cultural charms. 3rd is Nova Scotia as I love the ocean up there.
Yes it's in the south Okanagan! I like the fact that its so dry here and we get really hot weather in the summer! However I do see it all everyday and would like to see some other provinces. How's Quebec or Ontario?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:22 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times
All of them have their own special beauty and merits. For me it is a toss up between New Brunswick and Quebec.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 10 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,921,991 times
For me, it would be tied between British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec. I love all of those three provinces!

Alberta seems nice, especially the Canadian rockies there and Calgary.

I dont think Im a fan of Saskatchiwan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Yukon Territory, Nunavut, and Northwest territories.

Does anyone on city-data even live or have visited the Yukon territory, Nunavut, Northwest territories, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia?

Old 06-19-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
For me, it would be tied between British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec. I love all of those three provinces!

Alberta seems nice, especially the Canadian rockies there and Calgary.

I dont think Im a fan of Saskatchiwan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Yukon Territory, Nunavut, and Northwest territories.

Does anyone on city-data even live or have visited the Yukon territory, Nunavut, Northwest territories, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia?
Naturally BC, ON, and Quebec would line up as top 3 for most people as they have the lions share of noteriety in Canada with perhaps Alberta edging near.

Manitoba and Saskatchewan are pretty much comparable to the Dakotas in the US.

Yes I have been to Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI. They are beautiful and have some of the best coastal scenery I've seen anywhere. I actually think Nova Scotia is better than Maine because it is less crowded and more dramatic and rugged rocky Atlantic Shores with cool lighthouses. Halifax, NS is sort of like a Canadian miniature Boston, very historic seaport city with a huge harbor. New Brunswick has a Fundy National Park, home of the worlds highest tides. PEI has great red sand beaches and warm ocean currents, and nostalgic quaint little villages, it's a fun place to be in the summer. I think the Canadian Maritimes certainly do merit a fun filled trip, to live there, that might be difficult as the economy is not so strong.

I haven't made it to the 3 northern territories (YT, NWT, Nunavut), but I've seen Alaska already so I'll just as well check those off my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada