Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:48 AM

5 posts, read 10,945 times

Advertisements

if you want to judge one group for their illegal activity, it is necessary to judge the other group (employers) for theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 PM

457 posts, read 1,187,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Humans migrate, if you were in there position, you would too.

I recollect an entire group that set up an illegal nation within the borders of the United States. It took an "invasion" by the United States Army to enforce the law of the United States over those people.

One man's illegal is another man's moral imperative.

This statement is commonly used by a certain political segment, but it has no bearing in fact.
I must be in the wrong mind state becuase I don't see it like you at all. As a country we can't sustain the illegal immigrants anymore.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,108,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
I must be in the wrong mind state becuase I don't see it like you at all. As a country we can't sustain the illegal immigrants anymore.
Ok, here goes....

People in CA complain about Mexicans, Guatemalans, El Salvadorans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans.... People on the East Coast complain about Puerto Ricans. But we forget who invaded whom? The U.S. took 55% of Mexico by force a mere 160 years ago. Later, the U.S. took control of Puerto Rico. Later still, the U.S. supported insurgent groups and coup 'd etats all over Central and South America, aggravated civil wars, i.e. El Salvador, displacing populations and devastating stability the region over. A look in the mirror, El Norte, once in a while.

Related example. Organized crime in Mexico = liberal gun laws in the the USoA. The U.S. is connected hand-in-glove to the issues facing it at the southern border.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:02 AM

291 posts, read 755,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Ok, here goes....

People in CA complain about Mexicans, Guatemalans, El Salvadorans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans.... People on the East Coast complain about Puerto Ricans. But we forget who invaded whom? The U.S. took 55% of Mexico by force a mere 160 years ago. Later, the U.S. took control of Puerto Rico. Later still, the U.S. supported insurgent groups and coup 'd etats all over Central and South America, aggravated civil wars, i.e. El Salvador, displacing populations and devastating stability the region over. A look in the mirror, El Norte, once in a while.

Related example. Organized crime in Mexico = liberal gun laws in the the USoA. The U.S. is connected hand-in-glove to the issues facing it at the southern border.

BRAVO Well stated.

Americans should also realize that cheap migrant labor has subsidiized their food costs. The US should have implemented a control temporary labor permits to cover jobs that Americans wll not do.

If Amercians where so concerned about foriegners taking their jobs why dont they look at local engineeting firms and hospitals...almost all of these high paying jobs are taken by immigrants...mainly because Americans do not have the discipline to make an effort sit down and study.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:41 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,523,994 times
Quote:
Ok, here goes....

Chickens coming home to roost

Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 AM

16,805 posts, read 40,108,555 times
Quote:

Shouldn't that be "Organized crime in Mexico = voracious appetite for drugs in USA"?

Removing or even relaxing the penalties for drugs possession/use in this country would drastically affect organized crime in both countries, but I suppose that's fodder for a different topic.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM

205 posts, read 212,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Shouldn't that be "Organized crime in Mexico = voracious appetite for drugs in USA"?

Removing or even relaxing the penalties for drugs possession/use in this country would drastically affect organized crime in both countries, but I suppose that's fodder for a different topic.
The US Government loves the drugs flowing across the border, it keeps people working.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 AM

7,227 posts, read 22,281,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPT Oakland View Post
The US Government loves the drugs flowing across the border, it keeps people working.
LOL

Old 07-15-2010, 01:08 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,295,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Even more disturbing, he was applauded by some for his comment.

SoCal councilman says he's 'proud racist' - SignOnSanDiego.com
It seems to me this has been spun around and around..I don't see where he said he was a racist.
Nita

Old 07-15-2010, 01:20 PM

16,805 posts, read 40,108,555 times
Yep. Both sides of the spectrum do their fair share of spinning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California