Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie456 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, thanks for the input. I know this, redneck repub. right wing fundamentalist country is where I am, because I wanted cheap rent,etc. I am trying to find something elsewhere where I can feel more honestly a part of things. You say "of course Missoula is expensive." I disagree, not all towns are so expensive just because they have a college. Nor would everyone agree that what Missoula has are amenities. People are in the cold northwest to get away from the congestion of big, ill planned developements,crime, etc. They are going north because southern places are getting congested, high priced, crime ridden because people from the northeast fled all that and went se and sw. Now the redneck places are starting to get the problems. I've already tried to get into Europe. They aren't that amenable to us unless we have big bucks to put into their economies. Pretty soon they'll have to pave over the moon and we'll all overpopulate that.
natalie456
Well I find this very interesting, you see the town as right wing conservatives and yet it is a college town. That is very interesting and you also don't seem to realize that yes, college towns do have higher rents. I think the problem you are having has to do with your not liking the life style people live in this little town because it doesn't agree with your life style. Everyone should fit into their enviorment or move. I am still having trouble understanding what you are really trying to say. It seems like you are jumping from one rant to another.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 PM

53 posts, read 146,650 times
Default Fiddlehead, I owe you an apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Hi natalie456,

So, no beef with you, but the whole topic is so frustrating it is hard not to rant! I was not the one with the 4 figure comment. If you are like me, you would love more income, l'll leave it at that!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiddlehead,
That is right, you were not the one who said I was broke because my income is "only 4 figures a month"; it was someone in another thread. I am sorry. Also, you make some good points in this last piece.
natalie456

Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 PM

53 posts, read 146,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well I find this very interesting, you see the town as right wing conservatives and yet it is a college town. That is very interesting and you also don't seem to realize that yes, college towns do have higher rents. I think the problem you are having has to do with your not liking the life style people live in this little town because it doesn't agree with your life style. Everyone should fit into their enviorment or move. I am still having trouble understanding what you are really trying to say. It seems like you are jumping from one rant to another.

Nita
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nita, the town I am referring to where I am is NOT a college town.

natalie456

Old 02-26-2010, 02:28 PM

84 posts, read 293,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Pittsburgh's a mixed bag. There are some good parts to it like the universities, Squirrel Hill, and Schenley Park but it also has some decaying rust belt and redneck aspects that make it not the most appealing of places. I know about 15 years ago it was rated one of America's most liveable cities.

I feel horrible about saying this but- I hate Pittsburgh. I used to live there for most of my life and couldn't stand it anymore. Some parts are affordable and some aren't. The weather is usually horrible. The people are friendly though.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:00 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
Bozeman is even more expensive than Missoula and is somewhat conservative.

When you consider wages around here, property is utterly ridiculous on a scale comparable to coastal California. At least in LA or the Bay Area you can make some $$$. Move to western Montana because you love it, not because it's cheap.

And yes, there are a lot of neo-Nazi white supremacist types around here. The KKK did a march right down Bozeman's main street last November. Trashy racist types are attracted to Montana and Idao from other places due to our low Hispanic/black populations. That said, native Montanans and Idahoans are some of the least racist people you'll ever meet.
Montana and Idaho didn't have a KKK until Californians started moving there back in the '70s.

The white supremacists who were first drawn there were the same white supremacists who used to be in Southern California, but when OC and Riverside got too "dark" for them (although the idea of '70s OC seeming too "nonwhite" is pretty laughable nowadays, for someone with their twisted ideas it would have been) they moved to the Northwest.

Native Montanans have - justifiably - a very negative view of those people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California