Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,792 times

Advertisements

I'm considering moving to california and I need to choose an area. I'm caucasian, native american, hispanic and asian so I would like a racialy mixed area. Generally I would like a safe area meaning. No gangs, no earthquake target points, and a lower crime/violence/drugs rate. I'm looking for a place with good public school education that provides many opportunities in sports, music and the arts. I need a place maybe about a hour or two away from a Real mall and a nice beach. I would prefer an area with all year long sun (maybe light and short snows in the winter). I need a good horse ranch in the area because I have horses. I'm an outdoor person so I'd like mountains and lakes and forest that I can go camping in or canoeing. As far as the people, I like indivisuals who are laid back and have qualities of their own. No snobs and rich people. I think that's aobut it. My friend has this crazy idea that sara dessen books setting in lake view would be perfect. well please give me lists of cities with detail so I can do more reaserch and find a place for me to live. Oh and activities, lots of activities for me to live happily! thanks bii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:53 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
I would look at Ojai, nice town.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:05 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Never been there myself, but this sounds like Lone Pine to me....or somewhere in that area.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:50 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Never been there myself, but this sounds like Lone Pine to me....or somewhere in that area.
But he wants to be a hour from beach/malls.
A different area could be near Paso Robles.
Myself I plan on moving to Grass Valley, had enough beach to last a life time.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM

81 posts, read 367,378 times
Eh, California is not for you sorry

Old 06-15-2009, 12:06 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I would look at Ojai, nice town.
i agree.

five best cities in cali: San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, Santa Cruz, San Rafael, Santa Barbara

also good: monterey and ventura

Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
guess what? I don't think this guy is for real!!! No one really would expect to get all that, not only is there no place in California for him, there is no place in this world....

Just another kid, with nothing better to do at about 1am.

Nita

Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,673 times
"Generally I would like a safe area meaning. No gangs, no earthquake target points, and a lower crime/violence/drugs rate....."

My suggestion would be to NOT move to California...and if you decide to I wouldn't venture any further south than say Rocklin...It just gets worse the further you go south. You will have a difficult if not impossible time fulfilling every one of your criteria in California. Ya might have to lower your standards a bit in order to find what your looking for...But if there is such a place and you find it....let me know. I'll add it to my dwindling list of "decent places left to live on this planet".

Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 9,811 times
Iam interested in moving to the mendecino, californa area and would like any info. Thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 04:19 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashing jim View Post
Iam interested in moving to the mendecino, californa area and would like any info. Thanks
It is 19,008 inches from Headlands Inn to Blair House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California