Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
You don't get it. You can't send enough money to Sacramento. You can legalize and tax carry permits, weed, prostitution and anything else you can think of and it won't help. For every dollar sent to Sacramento, they spend $1.50 and the deficit just doesn't go away.

A-men! It's hard to look at a problem rationally when the people that are the cause of the problem are anything but.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 01:48 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
An armed society is a polite society.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:13 PM

268 posts, read 817,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Exactly what we need, eight million loonies running around with guns... It might tend to stop a few crimes, but plenty of innocent people would get killed in the process..!
If you could assure me no one carring would ever take a drink or get mad at someone....... It all works under ideal circumstances, but how often do we have ideal circumstances....?>
Your argument doesn't work. What is to stop "eight million loonies" from running around right now? What is to stop people from drinking and shooting someone right now? At least with a legal permit to carry, the permitted would get some kind of training...and generate some income for the state. Possibly stopping a crime too.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
2 things will get you busted broke sued unemployed and in jail in california.
a nunchuck and a pistol. ok i forgot 3 things, an angry wife with a divorce lawyer.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:38 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,032,024 times
Quote:
Exactly what we need, eight million loonies running around with guns... It might tend to stop a few crimes, but plenty of innocent people would get killed in the process..!
If you could assure me no one carring would ever take a drink or get mad at someone....... It all works under ideal circumstances, but how often do we have ideal circumstances....?>
Not likely.

But I can imagine some-odd million loonies who don't know the difference between a responsible conceal carry holder, and and some ignorant rhetoric.

One of the most crystal-clear illustrations is the famous Kennesaw, Georgia ..

Quote:
In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of "Wild West" showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.
Opinion: Welcome to Kennesaw, Georgia – We’re Packin’ - Digital Journal: Your News Network

25 years murder-free in 'Gun Town USA'

With the average response time for police to a violent crime being something like 3 to 5 minutes, if you are attacked, the cops are basically historians showing up afterwards to record stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
You don't get it. You can't send enough money to Sacramento. You can legalize and tax carry permits, weed, prostitution and anything else you can think of and it won't help. For every dollar sent to Sacramento, they spend $1.50 and the deficit just doesn't go away.
How on Earth do those people stay in office down there?

Why do people elect them? Are the Republicans as bad as the Democrats?

Last edited by mdvaden; 05-22-2009 at 12:47 AM..

Old 05-22-2009, 05:31 AM

268 posts, read 817,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post

Are the Republicans as bad as the Democrats?

Yes. And some are anti-gun too. Think the Governor.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:39 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
California certainly isn't the only state with budget problems, almost every state in the union has run their states into the ground and the only way out is to stop spending money you don't have. As far as guns go, it's a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I carry one when appropriate and I don't bother with no stinking permit. You don't need to buy a licence to exercise the first amendment (freedom of speech) why should anyone submit to the nonsense of applying for a permit to exercise the right to keep and bear arms as stated in the 2nd amendment.
California needs to become fiscally responsible like the three other states that have not run their states finances into the ground. I am proud to live in one of the three states who have managed their affairs properly. Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota seem to be the only states that are run with common sense. Arnold may call himself a republican but he sure as heck isn't conservative. Our Democratic governor and our legislative bodies are way more fiscally conservative and responsible than the clowns running California. I was a working poverty stricken over taxed, fool when I lived in California. After living in Montana for several years I am now a property owner living off my rentals. We don't even have a recession here, we have very little crime and almost everyone is packing. I'm so happy to be out of the suck-hole called California.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
To all of you people who think you need a gun, I can only say.........
If you could achieve an erection, you wouldn't need a gun to prove your a man....!

Old 05-22-2009, 03:08 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,929 times
Quote:
If you could achieve an erection, you wouldn't need a gun to prove your a man....!

Sweet baby jesus! That's the stupidest post ever made on CD. Congrats at winning that award!

Old 05-22-2009, 03:26 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Too funny. If someone breaks into your house to steal your belongings then by all means, wave your erection at them.

When someone breaks into mine I'll have Messrs. Smith & Wesson greet them.

You and I can compare notes if and when you're released from ICU.

Canibeyou, you're right. That one takes the prize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California