Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:59 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,898,481 times

Advertisements

I hate it myself when I realise I have been lured into arguing with a troll.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:32 PM

1,831 posts, read 5,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother of a 3-striker... View Post
Stop complaining and take a vacation.
Maybe you should look in the mirror and figure out how you ended up raising a multiple convicted felon.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:40 PM

1,831 posts, read 5,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubu View Post
Its the psychiatrists in the state prison system who are evalauating these people to decide when to remove or put back someone into the general population. The guards might think the prisoners are faking it, but not the psychiatrists.
Again ... you obviously don't know how it works because you obviously haven't been there.

Psychiatrists diagnose malingering (faking) all the time. Classic case: inmate gets caught with weapons and drugs, is being sent to the hole. Inmate suddenly claims he's suicidal or has some other mental condition ... because he doesn't want to go to the hole.

The psychiatrists frequently determine that these inmates aren't, in fact, suicidal and send them to the hole all of the time because they know the inmate is faking.

When the state started shipping a lot of inmates out of state ... the mental health department was suddenly flooded with claims from inmates that they had mental problems. They didn't have any previous mental history but now, all of the sudden, they claimed illness.

Why? Because they didn't want to go out of state. Again ... mental health frequently cleared them because it was obvious that these inmates were trying to manipulate the system and didn't have any mental problems at all.

There are many truly mentally ill people in the system but there's also a lot of manipulators. You do know these are inmates, right? They're not exactly the most honest people.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:51 PM

93 posts, read 318,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
By the way, you referred to possession, I am guessing you mean possession of pot, I don't think anyone here is thinking about hard criminals as someone busted for pot...
I'm talking about crack cocaine versus powder cocaine.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:21 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,898,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
Again ... you obviously don't know how it works because you obviously haven't been there.
Why are you still pretending that you have?

Although I must commend your very active imagination.

Perhaps you ould you like to tell us a new story? Seen any aliens?

Old 02-08-2009, 05:29 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,638,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother of a 3-striker... View Post
You are being paid well to do a dangerous job and you are only doing it for the money. Obviously your heart is not in it. You remind me of the school teachers I've known that hated kids but were in the profession because of the good health and retirement benefits. Stop complaining and take a vacation.
You think school teachers are well paid? Good health and retirement?
Teachers are barely earning over welfare income. Medicare provides better health than they get.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:18 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,738,568 times
Default Closed for review...

Thanks to everyone that posted...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California