Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 09:57 PM

6 posts, read 22,328 times

Advertisements

Hi, this is my first post on City-Data. My question, especially to the locals of Vallejo. I'm a medical student doing a month of rotations at Highland General in Oakland for 4 weeks. I'm going to be living with my cousin in Vallejo for that time. I was told not to bring a nice car since there have been break-ins and theft. My question is: How is the area west of Sonoma Bl, off of Porter street, near Carquinez Park? Specifically the Seabreeze Apartment complex? On pictures, the area looks just fine, then again it may be the fact that I've been living in Brooklyn, NY for the last one and a half years. My car is a 2005 Acura TSX and unfortunately I don't have another car I can bring. Should I kiss my car goodbye when I go up there, or buy a club and hope for the best? I would use my cousin's parking spot but he's already sharing it with his roommate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,433 times
Vallejo is ghetto wherever you go....good luck

Old 12-23-2008, 01:02 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatfever View Post
Not it's not.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:20 AM

6 posts, read 22,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatfever View Post
I really doubt that. Where I was living in New York City (Brooklyn), Manhattanites said "it's all ghetto." Definitely not true. So I assume nobody here knows about the particular area?

Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 PM

14 posts, read 42,416 times
That area is nice does have mobile home park in the middle of some REALLY nice condos & houses - Maritime academy is there - maybe that is what they meant by getting going - the view is fabulous there the lovely bay is right at your door - some stuff is true with bankruptcy police can't get a real person on the phone but they do patrol but my neighbors ban together to stop any silly **** on our street so people do take care of their neighborhoods. They don't come to play stupid on my street - a ny'er will have NO Problem.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 PM

18 posts, read 326,787 times
Vallejo has its problems. It has been the CA car theft capitol many times and has a high rate of assualts and muggings (especially at night). Just park in a less gritty area if possible. Use a club and hopefully all you will experience is an empty gas tank when you return. Other than that I would say do not park your car and walk at night. The people who are mainly the victims of shootings and stabbings are mainly blacks or mexicans (whether innocent or not) but it still has a higher crime rate than other East Bay cities and also San Fransisco ( FBI database). Just be observant and remember Vallejo has held the Murder Capitol of the U.S. three times within the last 35 years so don't underestimate the criminals and phsycos in Vallejo.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 AM

6 posts, read 32,113 times
Why cant we just get a top ten list of safe areas in vallejo
and a top ten list of worst places to live in vallejo
every city has a top ten and top worst and why

Old 04-21-2009, 08:47 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,091,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ415 View Post
Why cant we just get a top ten list of safe areas in vallejo
and a top ten list of worst places to live in vallejo
every city has a top ten and top worst and why
Agreed. For the people who make blanket statements like a previous poster, you have to wonder why they even commented on the thread in the first place because they have obviously little information on the city itself.

There are good places and bad places in the city - the same is equally true for Richmond, Oakland, and Fairfield. To rule out all 4 cities because of their reputation is beyond ignorant, and might make you miss a real steal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California