Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2022, 08:47 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I predict that some leftists on here will wake up and realize that crime is a much bigger threat to our society than Covid: https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-all-laws.html
All laws except lockdowns and masks.

Old 02-12-2022, 12:28 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Only one county is keeping the mask mandate, Santa Clara, which I rarely go to. I'm sure at least 75% of the people will still have them on for a while though.
You can still see the amount of fear out there. People still reacting wildly while the are out walking. They will cross the street or stand off in a driveway vs simply walking by and acknowledging the other human. People used to stop and pet other people's dogs. They rarely do that anymore. It's going to take a while.

There are already stores like Home Depot where it's mostly masks off. Contractors don't have time for the foolishness.

Old 02-12-2022, 01:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
I could have literally petted a friendly-seeming dog today, but the stranger didn't encourage me to and I've never been one to pet unfamiliar animals and try to keep my distance from them. No, I'm not dog-phobic. I am cautious. I give more berth to strangers on the street than I used to, but cross the street, no, and I don't see others doing that. In the city, it's common for people to ignore on the street those they don't know and perfectly okay with me. Respect from gung-ho types toward others who naturally behave differently clearly is lacking in this and many other discussions and situations.

Old 02-12-2022, 04:04 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,747,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
.... and I'm tired of one-track minds who almost never contribute anything good on this website.
Oh the irony of this statement coming from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You can still see the amount of fear out there. People still reacting wildly while the are out walking. They will cross the street or stand off in a driveway vs simply walking by and acknowledging the other human. People used to stop and pet other people's dogs. They rarely do that anymore. It's going to take a while.
Not where I go. Occasionally you still see some nutjob masking on my street outdoors, while walking alone, but everywhere we go elsewhere, people are friendly and plenty of people come pet the dog.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:41 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times
I might have the virus, I took the test Friday 2/11 and should get results any time now. Symptoms are like a bad lingering cold or light flu. If I do have the virus do I just waite it out as I am now or what?

Old 02-12-2022, 07:46 PM

798 posts, read 503,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I might have the virus, I took the test Friday 2/11 and should get results any time now. Symptoms are like a bad lingering cold or light flu. If I do have the virus do I just waite it out as I am now or what?
1. Keep Calm and quarantine for 20 days.

2. Take Vitamins A C D and zinc

3. Sleep 12 hours when you can

Old 02-12-2022, 08:09 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,455,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I predict that later this year there will be a lawsuit between private citizens over one carelessly spreading COVID-19 to the other (and causing significant harm). Then the people who are reckless and at most get vaccinated but don't closely monitor their health and do lots of maskless recreational activities (or travel masked-up when feeling ill) will be the ones who are "scared."

Why would they be "scared"? This makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:
Also, within a few years, I expect medical tests to be able to determine with confidence after the fact if one person was part of a transmission chain to an associate. A cottage industry for pinning the blame might even develop. Makes me wish I were a lawyer.
Petty, but ok --let's imagine your flawless medical test for a moment. That in mind, what damages are you suing for in this scenario, disregarding all the obvious pitfalls of gathering the evidence to even establish something causal in this "transmission chain" in the first place? Torts is already a cottage industry. And there's small claims court for most of what you're probably imagining. Just start dumping demand letters on everyone you come into contact with once you get the sniffles. You'll probably get a taker if you do it enough. That's how that game works. Of course, you'll also look like a total b-head too.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
1. Keep Calm and quarantine for 20 days.

2. Take Vitamins A C D and zinc

3. Sleep 12 hours when you can
What good would vitamin A do? Also, there's no need to quarantine for 20 days. It's never been that long.

Order packaged food and essentials online, if living alone and not already stocked up.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Why would they be "scared"? This makes absolutely no sense.
People should be scared of lawsuits they'll lose. Maybe they won't be, because many anti-restrictions people tend to think they're invincible.

Quote:
Petty, but ok --let's imagine your flawless medical test for a moment. That in mind, what damages are you suing for in this scenario, disregarding all the obvious pitfalls of gathering the evidence to even establish something causal in this "transmission chain" in the first place? Torts is already a cottage industry. And there's small claims court for most of what you're probably imagining. Just start dumping demand letters on everyone you come into contact with once you get the sniffles. You'll probably get a taker if you do it enough. That's how that game works. Of course, you'll also look like a total b-head too.
I was talking about serious medical complications, say, because a 'friend' presented himself as vaccinated but was undervaccinated and going maskless to poorly enforced bars. (Lawsuits wouldn't only involve testing, they'd look at social media for signs of reckless behavior.) But it could be lesser consequences, such as a wedding having to be postponed due to infection.

Old 02-12-2022, 09:08 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
I've had covid twice now. Big whoop. The vaccine was way worse. People need to adapt as we aren't going back under lockdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California