Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2020, 01:19 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times

Advertisements

Interesting that several months ago Dr. Fauci said there would be a surge around this time. I didn't want to believe it. I thought we were strong and capable of getting a handle on it but he was right. Here it is.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:44 PM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
If masks alone could quash the case numbers, I think we'd have seen it by now.
Based on reading C-D, watching the news, and looking at photos of Californians--much less residents of other states--who refuse to wear a face covering, I would say that a large number of people have not been wearing masks.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
If people avoid the wrong places, there's no pandemic.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stud...173213085.html

Private gatherings in residences, too.

Old 11-11-2020, 04:28 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Based on reading C-D, watching the news, and looking at photos of Californians--much less residents of other states--who refuse to wear a face covering, I would say that a large number of people have not been wearing masks.
Not wearing masks?

You don't live anywhere near me, then, because masks are very prevalent here in the inner SF Bay Area. My husband is the one who leaves the house, and in over 8 months he has seen fewer than a handful of people not wearing a mask, and they weren't anywhere near him.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:39 PM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Not wearing masks?

You don't live anywhere near me, then, because masks are very prevalent here in the inner SF Bay Area.
I live in a suburb of L.A., and everyone wears masks inside buildings. At work we wear masks. My family wears masks. But no, I don't see that in the news, from the comments here, or from all the resistance against masks that I've read about.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:56 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I live in a suburb of L.A., and everyone wears masks inside buildings. At work we wear masks. My family wears masks. But no, I don't see that in the news, from the comments here, or from all the resistance against masks that I've read about.
It might be a case of the media reporting the bad news that’s actually a minority. We had a fatal shark attack in San Diego years ago. After that, you would have thought the sharks decided to do coordinated attacks with all the stories there were.

When we go to the store I’m see pretty much everyone wearing a mask. There are the nose exposers here and there, but for the most part everyone is complying. I don’t see people just defiantly walking into stores screaming about their rights.

As far as CD, it’s easy to come off here as being someone who’s going to assert their rights and refuse to mask up. In reality they probably put on the mask and walk meekly into the store.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:44 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
It might be a case of the media reporting the bad news that’s actually a minority. We had a fatal shark attack in San Diego years ago. After that, you would have thought the sharks decided to do coordinated attacks with all the stories there were.

When we go to the store I’m see pretty much everyone wearing a mask. There are the nose exposers here and there, but for the most part everyone is complying. I don’t see people just defiantly walking into stores screaming about their rights.

As far as CD, it’s easy to come off here as being someone who’s going to assert their rights and refuse to mask up. In reality they probably put on the mask and walk meekly into the store.
In reality, social media is *packed* these days with posters who don’t even live where they say they do ... let alone do what they say they do.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Tomorrow, we will hit the ONE MILLION COVID CASES mark despite having the strictest and longest lasting Covid restrictions of any state in the U.S.. We have more covid cases than the number the total number of people in several states. I am thinking Newsom will use this one million mark to announce another SIP/Stay at Home order but I could be wrong.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent2020 View Post
Go to Santa Monica beach, OC and those areas that more heavily republican you will see less and less people wearing mask. SF /LA for sure wears mask the most in socal.

Here in Silicon Valley, mask compliance is nearly 100 percent inside stores. Outside, it's not required, but I'd say more than half of people wear masks when walking outside or at parks or trails. I've even seen people swimming in the ocean (Santa Cruz at the beach by boardwalk which was still closed at the time) with masks on. I also once saw a woman walking a Golden Retriever who was wearing a mask and several babies in strollers wearing masks even though kids under 6 are exempt. We are probably the most mask compliant region in the U.S. but Covid is still on the sharp uptick here.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:41 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Biden's going to make a coronavirus task force, that'll fix it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California