Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2020, 02:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There are a number of counties where the Sheriff or local police departments have gone on record refusing to arrest anyone or issue citations for violations of the State or local covid orders, I live in one of them. There's a dive bar not far from my home, the health department makes them close and 2 or 3 days later they're open again. They painted the windows black and tell customers not to park in front of the business. I've reported this dump 3 times and I've talked to other people who have reported them but nothing has happened. About a month ago there as a 'flotilla' of dozens of rafts tied together in the American River the rafters move between rafts, drinking hugging,singing and just having a great time. I'm not sure how many people were involved maybe 200? , We saw them when we were walking our dogs and watched a Sheriff Marine Patrol cruise right past them without even slowing down.

What do you do when law enforcement thumbs their nose at the law?
Contact local media or the governor's office. Also, you can file a complaint with Alcoholic Beverage Control.
https://www.abc.ca.gov/contact/
If that doesn't work, get creative and for example park your car in front with a large sign that says the bar is illegally open.

People need to adopt an attitude of, If something doesn't work well, make adjustments (generally in a harsh direction). There will be no major sustained improvement (no living fully) otherwise, at least until a vaccine or a game-changing medical treatment.

Last edited by goodheathen; 08-03-2020 at 02:23 PM..

Old 08-03-2020, 02:17 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Contact local media or the governor's office. If that doesn't work, get creative and for example park your car in front with a large sign that says the bar is illegally open.

People need to adopt an attitude of, If something doesn't work well, make adjustments (generally in a harsh direction). There will be no major sustained improvement (no living fully) otherwise, at least until a vaccine or a game-changing medical treatment.
There’s a great idea ... if you are looking for a major insurance claim to buy you a new car keep those great ideas coming!

Old 08-03-2020, 02:33 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
I've never been heavy but I'm carrying around 7 extra pounds from being home too much and indulging in things like root beer floats and homemade chocolate chip cookies. My husband has been slightly overweight for years but now he's gained enough that he got scared and is now living on rabbit food (salads) But the good news is we finally found something to do besides yell at each other and eat too much - we are now official census enumerators!
I was going to the gym regularly before all this started. Of course that’s off the table now. We’ve been using water bottles as weights and take a few walks a day. I wanted to buy a weight set, but that went the way of toilet paper. I still can’t find small sets for sale, they’re all sold out.

As far as your local law enforcement not enforcing the restrictions, there’s not much you can do. Take precautions for yourself and do your best to keep safe.

Congratulations on the census!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
There’s a great idea ... if you are looking for a major insurance claim to buy you a new car keep those great ideas coming!
Yeah, that’s the first thing I thought of. Put up that sign and come back to your windows all broken and tires slashed. If you’re lucky that’s all that will happen.

It’s always a good thing to think things through.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
I did think it through. Anyone would know the bar operator did it, and therefore he (or she) probably wouldn't do anything . Daytime plus a noted recording device inside the car would further deter that. Also, any serious damage to the car would keep it there longer with the sign. If the sign itself weren't removed, which is the only thing with a good chance of happening. But if something bad did happen, insurance reimbursement and prosecution and lasting closure of the bar.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:04 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
I did think it through. Anyone would know the bar operator did it, and therefore he (or she) probably wouldn't do anything . Daytime plus a noted recording device inside the car would further deter that. Also, any serious damage to the car would keep it there longer with the sign. If the sign itself weren't removed, which is the only thing with a good chance of happening. But if something bad did happen, insurance reimbursement and prosecution and lasting closure of the bar.
Roflmfao ... the last person who would “probably” trash the car would be the bar owner. Man, if you have a day job (and I don’t know how you could with all the hours you spend posting here) ... don’t give it up.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Contact local media or the governor's office. Also, you can file a complaint with Alcoholic Beverage Control.
https://www.abc.ca.gov/contact/
If that doesn't work, get creative and for example park your car in front with a large sign that says the bar is illegally open.

That's nice but did you miss the part about the Sheriff refusing to enforce any of these laws? In El Dorado County two restaurants remain open after having their health permit pulled here's a photo that was taken inside of one of the restaurants

Old 08-03-2020, 03:28 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Sure! You have a bar open that’s not supposed to be, people who know it’s not supposed to be open coming in to drink large quantities of alcohol, and drunk patrons coming out. Let’s add a car with a big sign on it that says “Bar illegally open”. What could possibly go wrong?

A recording device? Like a dash cam? That won’t draw any attention and I’m sure they’d leave that alone too. What worse, a tape recorder hidden in the glove box? Do the police get the recording of muffled voices, if anything is recorded at all?

And all that assumes the car isn’t torched or the owner doesn’t have it towed if it’s in a private parking lot.

If you thought this through I’d hate to see your brainstorming ideas.

LOL.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:34 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
That's nice but did you miss the part about the Sheriff refusing to enforce any of these laws? In El Dorado County two restaurants remain open after having their health permit pulled here's a photo that was taken inside of one of the restaurants
Do the guests have to sign a liability waiver as did those who attended Trump's Tulsa rally?

Or how about giving up their right to a hospital ventilator when they contract COVID?

Old 08-03-2020, 04:02 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times
Quote:
That is a great news, hopefully that will teach the county a lesson they will never forget. Hopefully more restaurant will do that and tell health department to take a hike.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:04 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Do the guests have to sign a liability waiver as did those who attended Trump's Tulsa rally?

Or how about giving up their right to a hospital ventilator when they contract COVID?
lol I'm not sure I don't spend much time in El Dorado County so I'm not sure what they are doing, but I'm just appalled that County Officials are so gutless that they let those places stay open. I knew a restaurant owner who had a rat problem, he spent tons of money on pest control, put all his food in containers the rats couldn't get in to but every time the health department came to inspect they'd find rat poop. At one point they made him lock the door and they put signs outside stating it had failed inspection. Why can't they do that with these idiots who go so far as to put signs up forbidding masks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California