Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 09:44 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
New story/video on KGO tonight.......

https://abc7news.com/health/exclusiv...ouple/6213157/
Wow! That's something. Thanks for sharing it here as I haven't seen it on my local news. Even more, I'm resolute NOT to ever visit China.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:23 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
I like this post from the psychology forum:

Quote:
As more and more places are reopening from covid-19, I see something happening that sensible, compassionate people who care about their health are NOT going to like. When we're out and about in public, we're going to be accommodating the narcissists even more out there.

In a nutshell, narcissists...

- think it's all about them and no one else
- they have no empathy
- they feel entitled
- they don't like to follow rules
- they think they're better, smarter, faster, etc. than everyone else

So for example, let's say we're browsing a clothing store. A non-narcissist who sees someone already at a clothing rack may wait a couple of min for the other person to be done browsing before walking over to that rack to keep their social distance. However, a narcissist will barge on over anyway because it's all about them and they don't want to wait for anyone else and have consideration. This may cause the non-narcissist to move for them, thus giving the narcissist a bigger head than they already have.

Now many of you may think I'm thinking too hard about this, but yes I think about this (not obsessively so) because there are a LOT of imposing, entitled @$^#*#$ out there and I can see more of this happening as we're all back out in public again.

My fiance' and I have done a lot of research about narcissism due to his immediate family members (both parents and 3 siblings) who he's gone no-contact with because he's seen the light about them.

Hopefully, I'm not spending all day always having to go out of my way walking around others, waiting those couple of extra minutes, etc. because I care about my safety. Hopefully, things will be better than I think becasue we'll be d@mn^d if we spend the rest of our lives stepping aside, etc. for these people!

Anyone else think about this?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/psyc...ly-reopen.html

Old 05-27-2020, 11:09 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Maybe some good news or at least better news than that we've been hearing about the inevitable second wave of the virus. Today, Dr. Fauci said that it's NOT inevitable. If we don't go crazy and start running amok without being careful, we could avoid seeing the numbers rise in the Fall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...CBz?li=BBnb7Kz

I like that

Old 05-27-2020, 12:31 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Maybe some good news or at least better news than that we've been hearing about the inevitable second wave of the virus. Today, Dr. Fauci said that it's NOT inevitable. If we don't go crazy and start running amok without being careful, we could avoid seeing the numbers rise in the Fall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...CBz?li=BBnb7Kz

I like that
Half of the country do not care about social distancing and wearing mask. This flu haven't disappeared and yes it will come back in the fall. With that being said, half of the country will refuse to close second time no matter what.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:43 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Half of the country do not care about social distancing and wearing mask. This flu haven't disappeared and yes it will come back in the fall. With that being said, half of the country will refuse to close second time no matter what.
Huh. Maybe not in Russia where you are - but here in America:
More than half of Americans are wearing a mask in public: poll
https://thehill.com/changing-america...wearing-a-mask

Nearly Three-Quarters of Adults Say They Will Start Wearing Face Masks in Public
Over half say they plan to ‘always’ wear masks in places such as grocery stores, parks for next two weeks
https://morningconsult.com/2020/04/1...-masks-public/

About 8 in 10 Americans report wearing a mask in response to the coronavirus pandemic
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/...wearing-masks/

These surveys are all from a month or more ago. Compliance with mask-wearing is increasing quite a lot in May.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:00 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
A lot of people who are tested positive never get sick.
Anybody who dies of anything they list as a coronavirus death.
So the numbers you see all the time are only to keep the frenzy going.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:22 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
A lot of people who are tested positive never get sick.
So the numbers you see all the time are only to keep the frenzy going.
And a lot of people get sick who are never tested. huh

Old 05-28-2020, 06:19 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
Dr. Sara Cody, the Santa Clara County health officer, is saying that California is reopening too quickly. There should be 14 days minimum between stage 1 and stage 2, and 21 days would be better. The idea is to see if people are complying (masks, social distancing, etc.) before you throw open the doors to more activity.

By the way, if anyone is interested in her credentials here they are from Wikipedia: "Cody graduated from Stanford University, receiving a degree in human biology, and subsequently completing her Doctor of Medicine at Yale School of Medicine. Following an internship and residency in internal medicine at Stanford University Medical Center, Cody completed a two-year fellowship in epidemiology and public health, as an Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) officer with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

This is a doctor and scientist who knows what she's talking about. I realize that no one is going to listen to her. Instead it's, "Damn the torpedoes; full speed ahead!" but since it's pretty obvious now that the government at all levels cares more about our economy than our individual health, we're all responsible for protecting and taking care of ourselves and our families more than ever before. Just because your hairdresser is open for business doesn't mean it's a great idea for you to visit.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...irus-reopening

Old 05-28-2020, 06:28 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
This is false, as has been pointed out to you several times.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:45 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,312,464 times
https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=...-txIN--------1

Interesting article I be curious whether this state legislation still exists today. Whether it had been brought up during COVID19. Apparently this issue had not been brought up for a long time. Have to watch your step in many busy places to avoid stepping on spit, though having been to TJ, i see this habit maybe something learned and hard to break for people growing up in certain cultures. I be curious whether football/soccer culture has to do with it.

Last April though there had been some neighbors who complained to Nextdoor and possibly the Oceanside city council that “surfers” or those with surfboards were spitting all the time including on the sand and beside sidewalks and that children play in the sand afterwards thus might contract the disease. I personally seen them do so as well both in the water as well as on sand and sidewalks. Sometimes a lot, I be curious why. Though it appears this had lead Oceanside to end its holdout of not completely blocking access to beaches it was actually the last city to do so south of Camp Pendleton. They tried going by with parking lots blocked. Yet people with surfboards were reportedly parking in neighborhoods and spitting on the ground and leaving puddles of sand and water behind.

I did hear that when Football or soccer matches restart around the world they will be banning spitting.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 05-28-2020 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California