Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2022, 08:07 AM

26,733 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
The strange part is that I find many of the posters in this thread that argue the loudest, actually don't even reside in California so I guess I just don't understand why they care so much.
Good point. I find it puzzling as well.

Quote:
if someone doesn't even live in the area....why should someone in California really care? There are plenty of areas without restrictions and options for everyone to live any way they choose to at this point. If you're a zealot on one side of this issue or the other, you can live in a community that suits your needs.
Exactly.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:08 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,566,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh gee! Imagine finding that some other random anonymous folks on-line share some of your entirely common opinions! Eureka! Dopamine!
Admittedly, I'm always amazed at how excited people get that they got "reps". It's right up there with the juvenile "like" system that Facebook uses. And even better is when someone makes the statement "ooh good point....I couldn't rep you again!

Getting a rep from random, anonymous folks isn't some badge of honor and doesn't give the point you make any more credibility.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I tend to care a lot more about local events as these are things that directly impact me.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:52 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,702,162 times
Quote:
Admittedly, I'm always amazed at how excited people get that they got "reps". It's right up there with the juvenile "like" system that Facebook uses. And even better is when someone makes the statement "ooh good point....I couldn't rep you again!

Getting a rep from random, anonymous folks isn't some badge of honor and doesn't give the point you make any more credibility.
ooh good point....I couldn't rep you again!

Old 04-26-2022, 08:55 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:

True. But the dopamine rush is positively orgasmic. How can you beat that for sitting alone in your parents’ basement bedroom at a keyboard hoping strangers will buy your fiction about being a nation-hopping billionaire with flats in romantic cities across three continents ? Ya can’t.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
ooh good point....I couldn't rep you again!

LOL...touche!

Old 04-26-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
True. But the dopamine rush is positively orgasmic. How can you beat that for sitting alone in your parents’ basement apartment at a keyboard hoping strangers will buy your fiction about being a nation-hopping billionaire with flats in romantic cities across three continents ? Ya can’t.
Rotflmao.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:02 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
How many people die every year from taking OD amount of OTC iron, please provide statistics

Again, you're using hyperbole. Unless you have 3 point-mutations in the HFE gene, you'd need to want to OD on OTC iron to OD on it. Even then, you'd probably just vomit it up.
Yes, it would be intentional. The main danger of unnecessary iron supplementation is toxic long-term build-up, which will cause harm, up to and including death. "Just take more iron" is not a safe health message, and it the UK's messaging isn't much better, let's remember that the UK's overall COVID strategy is very callous.

Quote:
If you're taking any medication like glucocorticoids, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, and phenytoin. Basically any CYP3A inducers, you'd need to discontinue them. Also, if you're taking any statins, you should discontinue or talk to your doc at least.

Ironically, most high-risk people from COVID would be on these meds.

Also, the trials by Paxxlovid were all done pre-Omicron. Since Omicron is milder, relative-risk is probably negligible. I'd like to seem them redo their RCTs now.
The only change of now appears that, probably because it's so infectious, Omicron might require a longer cour$e of treatment. The nonsense about minimal danger gets old. There's always the possibility it gets a strong footing in the lower respiratory system, and then it's a bad, possibly very dangerous infection. People with poor immune systems need things like Paxxlovid, and furthermore there are likely to be more overtly dangerous variants.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:31 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,110,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
People with poor immune systems need things like Paxxlovid, and furthermore there are likely to be more overtly dangerous variants.
Agree on the Pfizer drug.

Most viruses get less deadly and more infectious over time it's not "likely" to go the other way. Sometimes pandemic strains of viruses have large mutations that allow them to be deadly but usually evolution pushes it in the opposite direction over time. Mortality rate for the original alpha strain was 0.6% according to the WHO. Omicron is now 0.14% comparatively which is a massive drop in 2 years. The flu is 0.1% by the way so it's not far away from that.

For the record our 7 day mortality rate is the lowest in the US it's been since March 2020 right now despite almost no mask or other restrictions. I anticipate slight bumps come summer and winter but it'll almost certainly be less severe than the last 2 years.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:36 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Quote:
The strange part is that I find many of the posters in this thread that argue the loudest, actually don't even reside in California so I guess I just don't understand why they care so much.
Well, California often sets the lead for other blue states. California for example went into lockdown days before New York did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California