Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 09:42 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,979,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
This is what would happen in the country if we got rid of the electoral vote (change state with country in your statement)
Not necessarily. People who live in states that are overwhelmingly one way (CA for the Dems or Alabama for the Reps) suppresses the vote of the minority parties. But if every vote was equal across the station, I think voter turnout would increase because that Republican in CA or Democrat in Alabama would feel like their vote matter more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 12:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
You mean you don't like working your butt off so that limousine liberals Feinstein and Pelosi can enjoy their multi-million dollar Bay Area homes?

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matie...ts-2523619.php

Nancy Pelosi's vineyard makes her fourth-richest Californian in Congress

Pretty amazing how a person making 200k a year has millions of dollars in assets. I don’t mind working and truthfully I understand in order to ah e a successful society you need to pay taxes. But when I watch millions of dollars in tax money being squandered away yeah I get pretty tired of it

Old 08-31-2018, 06:07 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Cox was sued 20 years ago for alleged financial misconduct, and paid a $1.7-million settlement in 1999, according to court documents obtained by the The Times. Cox denied any wrongdoing.

Candidate for California governor John Cox was sued for alleged financial misconduct, court documents show

Old 08-31-2018, 08:33 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,335,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The Democrats really shot themselves in the foot when they rammed through the gas and car tax. This will help Cox and Cox will help repealing the gas and car tax and will help get more or save Republican representatives.
You would think they would've learned this lesson when Davis was recalled. But nope....

Quote:
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Cox won, I greatly fear Newson. I mean I really fear him.
I'm still betting on a better than 99.9999% probability that Newsom wins ONLY because of the "D" next to his name. Here in the USA and especially here in CA here in 2018, tribalism, "us versus them", and identity politics is everything and actual substance and positions mean absolutely nothing.

It's already been proven that here in CA, the electorate will vote for a "D" even if it means voting for their own suicide before they'll vote "R" for anything.

Newsom WILL be our next governor. Bank on it.

I would love to be wrong and hope that the people of CA finally come to their senses and say 'enough is enough' with the Far Left BS.

But I'm not counting on it.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:45 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post

It's already been proven that here in CA, the electorate will vote for a "D" even if it means voting for their own suicide before they'll vote "R" for anything.

Yeah. Not like Republicans, huh ... who always think through issues independently and responsibly before thoughtfully pulling the levers ...

Quote:
Ideologies are excuses for lazy intellects - Tulemutt

Old 08-31-2018, 09:47 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
The Democrats really shot themselves in the foot when they rammed through the gas and car tax. This will help Cox and Cox will help repealing the gas and car tax and will help get more or save Republican representatives.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Cox won, I greatly fear Newson. I mean I really fear him.

You'll get used to him. I won't vote for any Republicans as long as Trump remains in office.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:27 PM

872 posts, read 596,241 times
Inflation and delays could add billions more to bullet train project costs

"The California bullet train project has cost state taxpayers an average $3.1 million a day over the last year — a construction spending rate higher than that for the Bay Bridge, Boston’s Big Dig or any U.S. transportation project in recent history

But still it’s not enough, planners say."

Nope- no money for prisons , schools, or colleges, law enforcement, or desal plants etc... you think Greasy gavin is gonna stop the stealing and lies OR expand their breadth and depth?
!!!!! average $3.1 million a day over the last year !!!!!!

Old 09-01-2018, 09:33 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,518,287 times
I actually watch the debates online. Cox has made some stupid blunders regarding how he refers to minorities, which turned me off. Then, he decided to embrace Trump in a huge way, which clinched it for me.

I'm a "D," but I actually did vote to oust Gray Davis and I voted for Schwartzenneger (and if I spelled his name wrong, well, who doesn't? LOL). And I'm not sorry I voted for Arnold. He did some great stuff, especially regarding the changes to our workers comp laws.

So, if Cox hadn't decided to be a Trump slave, and didn't learn how to be politically correct regarding minorities, he just maybe could have gotten my vote because I LOATHE Newsom. But, I won't vote for another Trump lackey.

I guess the one thing going for Cox is he's transparent and hasn't figured out how to lie well yet.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:17 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Keep voting for that “D”. Brown just signed a bill saying the public utilities can raise rates to cover liability when their faulty equipment causes fires. Just perfect.

At least Cox would provide some type of check and balance. Otherwise grab your ankles....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ire-cases.html

Old 09-01-2018, 11:59 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Keep voting for that “D”. Brown just signed a bill saying the public utilities can raise rates to cover liability when their faulty equipment causes fires. Just perfect.

At least Cox would provide some type of check and balance. Otherwise grab your ankles....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ire-cases.html
Brown is just getting that pen warmed up. There's a rumor that he's going to get rid of death row. Everyone knows he's been anti death penalty since his first day as a politician so I wouldn't be surprised at all. These last 3 months are going to be terrifying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California