Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 08:16 PM

456 posts, read 239,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes, we understand that your metric for success is floorplan and pool.

And no, I don’t watch sports in person or on tv. In fact I don’t watch tv at all. Don’t even have one. ... but I am aware that many who do lap up whatever Trump pours in their saucers.

And now I am out for an evening stroll with the dog. Rant on.
Hey I saw the same with Obama. People were deranged anytime Obama did something positive or negative. I do love the "rant on" from a guy with 14,000 posts compared to my 130 or so. I only need 1,870 by May to be on your pace. I don't think I have it in me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 08:16 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
Acknowledging is a great first step. Now you can recover.
Lol. You can’t even read well, huh ... take a closer look at what I wrote (hint: the apostrophe assigns possession of the derangement).

Heh

Old 01-13-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Hey I saw the same with Obama. People were deranged anytime Obama did something. I do love the rant on from a guy with 14,000 posts compared to my 130 or so.
Yeah. Check out the range of my topics. Then yours in a fraction of the time. Jacket on. Out the door.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol. You can’t even read well, huh ... take a closer look at what I wrote (hint: the apostrophe assigns possession of the derangement).

Heh
The derangement is kicking in again. Definitely do the walk. Never knew ranting about a couple subjects was more than ranting about more than a couple subjects.

Federal Income Tax Reform Proposal - Effect on Californians-caution-math.jpg

Old 01-13-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
The derangement is kicking in again. Definitely do the walk. Never knew ranting about a couple subjects was more than ranting about more than a couple subjects.

Attachment 217338
You like math, eh Bolander? Here’s some: my 14,000 posts over 9 years are spread over many dozens upon dozens of different topics from humor to history, politics, nature, science, economics, boating, hiking, biking, wildlife, pets, veteran’s issues, and especially homelessness, and more ... at a rate of about 5 a day average.

All but about 4 of your 130 or so posts came in 2 thread topics in the past 10 days at a rate of about 12.5 a day average ... both of which topics you spent entirely blathering about lower tax costs of Texas compared to California and how that gets more square footage of house and a pool. Lol.

So twice the rate of posting from you, all obsessing on one topic for one purpose: trash California ... ignoring of course that most Californians are quite pleased to be where they are.

Let’s hear more about obsessed derangements from you.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:17 AM

Who woulda thought you would more obsessed with me than you are that Trump is ending the world?

Thank you for pointing out that you rant about far more, for far longer .

I guess you are correct that people are satisfied with mediocrity. I simply expect more. I guess that’s why I would consider living on a tiny boat in San Diego by myself with only a dog with nothing but my crazy thoughts about Trump as a complete failure. To each his own

Most of us figured out with this new tax plan we all have more money in our pockets and many also figured out there is a world outside of CA where life is a lot better and a lot easier. For the few who can't figure out how to pay lower taxes with the new tax policy or how to get the same lifestyle at 1/3 or 1/4 of the costs continue with the Stockholm Syndrome where CA holds you hostage. Between that and TDS it must be a nightmare

Last edited by Bolanders; 01-14-2020 at 04:43 AM..

Old 01-14-2020, 06:38 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Got it. Still flawed however since 3 other reports show it ranked over 40. For anyone comparing apples to apples it is still 3.56% vs. 0%. Higher fuel and other taxes, double property taxes, higher sales tax.
So California is the only state with income tax..wow, imagine that all this time I thought there were only 7 states without income tax.
Quote:
I think you run into the same problem as DKM. Over paying on a house.
Really? then please explain to me how you came to that conclusion because I'm really curious about how you know so much about my home.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
TDS is real
For sure, I've been saying for years that there are a lot of people out there who are Too Damn Stupid

Old 01-14-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
For sure, I've been saying for years that there are a lot of people out there who are Too Damn Stupid
Good point. Those who try to spin that property taxes are higher as a cost for like type cities and properties in CA over TX for example are, to use your words, Too Damn Stupid.

Those who try to act as if this new federal tax policy hurts most people in CA are, to use your words, Too Damn Stupid.

As I said it is pretty simple. Acknowledge the truth and own it. No on can have any issue with a person that admits that yes they have to pay higher property tax costs for like type situation in Ca but it is worth it to them or that while this new policy helps the mass majority of people they would rather have higher taxes to fund other things. Personally if I found CA the most desirable place I would just flat out say I don't care if it is the highest taxed place in the country I want to live here. I readily acknowledge that where I live now is higher taxed than many places around the country, instead of trying to spin it any other way.

It is rather funny to see people deny what is, rather than just own what is.

Old 01-14-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Good point. Those who try to spin that property taxes are higher as a cost for like type cities and properties in CA over TX for example are, to use your words, Too Damn Stupid.

Those who try to act as if this new federal tax policy hurts most people in CA are, to use your words, Too Damn Stupid.

As I said it is pretty simple. Acknowledge the truth and own it. No on can have any issue with a person that admits that yes they have to pay higher property tax costs for like type situation in Ca but it is worth it to them or that while this new policy helps the mass majority of people they would rather have higher taxes to fund other things.

It is rather funny to see people deny what is rather than just own what is.
ok, here's a proposition for you, if I agree with everything you say will you quit posting in the California forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California