Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2020, 07:55 AM

21,760 posts, read 16,393,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
Yeah all you with TDS I get mixed up sometimes. My apologies for confusing you with someone else who also has TDS. I vote on policy, nothing more.
Lol. And still can’t actually refute the facts. How very informed and erudite. Chump’s “policies” are to get adoration and reelection. So that’s what you “vote on” there. Brilliant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 08:01 AM

456 posts, read 240,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lol. And still can’t actually refute the facts. How very informed and erudite. Chump’s “policies” are to get adoration and reelection. So that’s what you “vote on” there. Brilliant.
Yes I vote on what has material affect on me. I have no allegiance to the Republicans or to Trump. Tax policy, healthcare policy, and Estate Taxes are the only things that materially affect me so I vote based on that. I adore none of them. I would vote against Trump in a second if a better candidate came along.

TDS has greatly affected many people. I find him a complete buffoon and he should just shut his mouth and put policy forward, but his policies are what they are and I don't get emotional like you do.

Old 01-12-2020, 08:22 AM

26,764 posts, read 26,890,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
...his policies are what they are and I don't get emotional like you do.
I nearly spit out my coffee reading that.

Old 01-12-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I nearly spit out my coffee reading that.
When I vote there are no emotions. Sorry you did not understand that. I vote on policy. I don't care who I like, what party they are in, who I would want to eat dinner with, who I would want to marry a daughter.

The funniest things I read are "I won't vote form him because he lies." Every single politician is a liar with little moral or ethical values. Repub or Dem. so I vote on policy alone.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:05 AM

167 posts, read 195,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViFitzgerald View Post
Yep, it's unfortunate there's such an polarization in this country that people continue with their immature blue team/red team nonsense. It would be nice if people could focus solely on policy but that ship has sailed.
Thats because every congress member votes exactly in line with those teams unless its a calculated vote that they made sure wont matter

Old 01-12-2020, 09:24 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,875,104 times
This thread has gone in a lot of different directions. Keep ignoring my argument because it makes you guys uncomfortable. The GOP lost millions of voters with this tax hike. They raised taxes on many of their own voters, in many states. I am an expert in this field so don't try to tell me I don't know who it helped and who it didn't. I am not saying this is the only reason they lost voters, but it's a fact that hiking taxes on people who voted for Republicans was cited as a reason some of them voted Dem last cycle. I would think this should be obvious to those who vote "policy". Conservatives who vote against Trump for policy reasons are not going to change their mind because of his followers calling us names.

We don't care about party, we vote against who increases your taxes. Losing these voters made it harder to compete in many suburban districts not just here but other places. The GOP has no chance without the suburbs. I hope they figure it out soon or they are on an unsustainable path to full Democrat rule. Unless you want the nation run like California...

Old 01-12-2020, 09:30 AM

216 posts, read 128,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This thread has gone in a lot of different directions. Keep ignoring my argument because it makes you guys uncomfortable. The GOP lost millions of voters with this tax hike. They raised taxes on many of their own voters, in many states. I am an expert in this field so don't try to tell me I don't know who it helped and who it didn't. I am not saying this is the only reason they lost voters, but it's a fact that hiking taxes on people who voted for Republicans was cited as a reason some of them voted Dem last cycle. I would think this should be obvious to those who vote "policy". Conservatives who vote against Trump for policy reasons are not going to change their mind because of his followers calling us names.

We don't care about party, we vote against who increases your taxes. Losing these voters made it harder to compete in many suburban districts not just here but other places. The GOP has no chance without the suburbs. I hope they figure it out soon or they are on an unsustainable path to full Democrat rule. Unless you want the nation run like California...
Don't bother trying to convince them otherwise. They're literally just ****posting in this thread to get their rocks off and vent their hatred of all things California. Fine by me, just another reason why I could never move to a place like Texas where there are so many people drinking the Kool aid. It's clear as day to anyone that actually live in CA what happened in former conservative areas like OC, SCV, Thousand Oaks, and others.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 AM

And yet not one of you can find anyone who left CA and pays more in taxes now that they left and there are numerous examples of those that moved and pay less in taxes. Oh the irony

Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,875,104 times
I like Texas, it was our number 2 choice. It's a well run state that California could only dream of being run like. It has a majority of people who view life in a way I agree with.

It lost because I need a place that is nice in the summer and I can't stand Dallas and Houstons flatness. The higher property taxes were not completely offset by no income taxes. I would have been getting a 7 or 800k house there instead of my million dollar house here and it would have been 24k in property tax instead of the 11k I pay now. I don't pay 13k in income taxes to California, so for me, this place won financially even if salary were the same (they aren't). Also, you can't compare cheaper this or that and ignore the higher salaries here but I digress...

Old 01-12-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I like Texas, it was our number 2 choice. It's a well run state that California could only dream of being run like. It has a majority of people who view life in a way I agree with.

It lost because I need a place that is nice in the summer and I can't stand Dallas and Houstons flatness. The higher property taxes were not completely offset by no income taxes. I would have been getting a 7 or 800k house there instead of my million dollar house here and it would have been 24k in property tax instead of the 11k I pay now. I don't pay 13k in income taxes to California, so for me, this place won financially even if salary were the same (they aren't). Also, you can't compare cheaper this or that and ignore the higher salaries here but I digress...
And you fail to mention that the 800k house would be a far better house in a far better suburb than your current city so a comparison that Is not apples to apples. Had you replaced your house with a similar house in a city in TX similar to thousand Oaks it would run you about $300k and your property taxes would be about $5000 to $6000 or half of what you currently pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California