Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 02:40 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,650,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Crossing the border without proper credentials is not a 'shoot on sight' or 'blow up on sight' offense. Welcome to the real world.
I believe Trump thinks it's and after Cruz approves carpet bombing runs thru a few south of the border cities. Mexico might be more inclined for a wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 04:09 PM

6,233 posts, read 3,615,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As long as you have one of the richest countries in the world bordering one of the poorest having a 2% illegal demographic is a given, get used to it as its always going to be there.
Mexico is not one of the poorest countries in the world. Not even in the poorest 100.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:33 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,650,689 times
More wealth than Canada.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:28 PM

8,357 posts, read 6,446,227 times
there's 11 million of them at the Arleta DMV and the Sylmar Vallarta market daily.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:13 PM

38 posts, read 62,963 times
I'm reading a lot of misinformation by folks who probably never travel outside their city, much less outside the country. I'm a Pilot for a major airline. I travel annually to many countries like Mexico, Brazil, China to name a few. I'm speaking from actual experience having passed a lot of time in the countries of people who want to come to the US. I have a unique perspective unlike some of you. I know the visa requirements for Americans who have a desire to live in Brazil, Colombia, China and Mexico, and for us Americans it is almost impossible for us to live in these countries, but they can easily walk in to the USA and get free health care, housing, goods, etc. It's just not fair. I know quite a few Pilots who live or are trying to relocate to Mexico and Colombia, and even Brazil because life is pretty nice there if you have the means to live in the safe areas (and speak the language) but the visa requirements for us to live there is a paperwork nightmare. My soon to retired and retired Expat Pilot friends have a hard to providing all the documents necessary to be legal, all the while we have this ridiculous "wet foot dry foot" law for Cubans. I would vote democrat because I, and my family are all democrats but Trump is telling the truth no matter if you like him or not. And Trump, he's at least is bringing this long overdue issue to the forefront. The massive unchecked illegal immigrant problem is a serious problem and sooner or later we as a country need to deal with this or it will get much worse. Maybe to the point of a Trojan Horse scenario, and this is why I'm voting for Trump.

Last edited by Madruga; 03-27-2016 at 11:01 PM..

Old 03-27-2016, 10:22 PM

42,863 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
there's 11 million of them at the Arleta DMV and the Sylmar Vallarta market daily.
You out there with your abacus counting em huh V8?

Old 03-27-2016, 11:31 PM

21,759 posts, read 16,382,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
I have a unique perspective unlike some of you.
No doubt. What are the chances anyone else on this board has ever been anywhere and might know their arse from their elbow like you do, eh?
Quote:
Trump is telling the truth no matter if you like him or not. And Trump, he's at least is bringing this long overdue issue to the forefront. The massive unchecked illegal immigrant problem is a serious problem and sooner or later we as a country need to deal with this or it will get much worse. Maybe to the point of a Trojan Horse scenario, and this is why I'm voting for Trump.
Umm, well your "unique perspective" missed a few facts:
Quote:
The nation’s population of illegal immigrants, which more than tripled, to 12.2 million, between 1990 and 2007, has dropped by about 1 million, according to demographers at the Pew Research Center.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2a4_story.html
Quote:
While GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump has claimed that unauthorized Mexican immigrants "flow in like water" across the border, a new analysis by the Pew Research Center shows the number of Mexican immigrants living in the United States illegally has declined since 2007.
In 2007, there were around 6.9 million unauthorized Mexican immigrants in the United States.
However, rough economic times and shifting migration patterns meant that by 2010, the net migration of Mexican immigrants in the United States likely reached zero, the data shows.
Since then more Mexicans have left the United States than have arrived, said Pew.

Study: Illegal immigration from Mexico still declining
Quote:
There Is No Surge in Illegal Immigration

The overall rate of illegal immigration has actually decreased significantly in the last 10 years. The time is ripe for immigration reform.
http://www.psmag.com/politics-and-la...igration-93040

Quote:
Since 2007, there have been more people leaving the U.S. for Mexico than coming here from Mexico, Mr. Passel said. Those departures have been both voluntary and involuntary, as the Obama administration has deported hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants each year.
Undocumented Immigrant Population Levels Off in U.S. - WSJ

Old 03-27-2016, 11:53 PM

38 posts, read 62,963 times
Tulemutt-- I've read a lot of your posts and you're a vicious, vengeful person. I'm not about to lower myself to debate you when I'd prefer to debate you face to face but that will never happen. Suffice to say, my parents taught me christian values and to take the high road. Go ahead and spew your hate because I won't see it as I just blocked you.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:02 AM

21,759 posts, read 16,382,430 times
Quote:
Tulemutt-- I've read a lot of your posts and you're a vicious, vengeful person. I'm not about to lower myself to debate you when I'd prefer to debate you face to face but that will never happen. Suffice to say, my parents taught me christian values and to take the high road. Go ahead and spew your hate because I won't see it as I just blocked you.
Not the only thing blocked.

Well, in any case, those "Christian values" will come in handy supporting The Donald. He's got none to spare apparently.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:11 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,419,826 times
Quote:
Wait, his quotes supported you. While the increase is minimal the millions that came are still here and it is still a problem. After all while Mexican immigration may have stalled, look at who else is coming in. Plus we are speaking of illegal immigration not just "immigration, which includes legal as well. After all dropping from 12.M to 1M does not change the 11M problem. Plus the flow has not stopped according to one of his links, just slowed, which means it is still occurring and apprehended does not address those who were not and it still supports that many are still crossing or trying to. Thank him for his support, even if he missed the facts.

"In 2013, the number of people apprehended at the United States-Mexico border was 64 percent less than 2004. "

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California