Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:38 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Florida View Post
Unless you got bank, over 100k, you will live like a rat. Be prepared for the california machine to eat u up and spit u out.

You got that right fella. If you don't have the big bucks in Ca, well, you get to live around illegals, bums, dopers and various other dreck.

My American......it no longer exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,983 times
Default looking to move to S.CA from Folsom,CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by giarod View Post
Hi, what are your interests & jobs? I'm a native Southern Californian in Real Estate I might be able to help you narrow this down. Keep in mind it's alot more expensive out here! But in my opinion it's worth it.
Hi saw your reply to someone else on moving to Southern CA. I am looking to lease in Southern Ca and I am looking for an affordable area in Southern CA. I sold a huge home 2 years ago and I am now leasing a 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse with 2 car garage and would like to lease something similar. If you have any information that you could send me or help with this I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Leslye
Leslye.freya@gmail.com

Old 07-11-2013, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,496 times
Theres no coast like the west coast. If you know how to make money then you should not have a problem moving here, but if you dont I would think twice before moving to killa Cali

Old 07-14-2013, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,481 times
Are you sure you are not considering living in northern California? cities near San Francisco are charming for a photographer. The cool climate is better than in Los Angeles, at least for me. Yes, it is very expensive to live in SF Bay area, however, if you look carefully in Craigslist, you can also find some inexpensive places to rent. I heard Portland OR is also beautiful and affordable to live in, there is no consumption tax in OR. But I have never been to Portland. Just provide you some more options.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,137 times
I have no idea why these people are saying goleta is desirable. I went by there and that place is a dump. I suppose you have the college atmosphere but it is definitely not upscale by any means and truthfully not that charming. I would say find the coastal area you find most desirable and look for reasonable rent a little inland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California